good hip hop

oh ya. i probably would appreciate something more put together. the 30 minute radio freestyle format kinda fucks up my feel for it cause i zone in and out and proably miss the better parts. if you could throw down an album or some studio tracks, ill probly be more inclined to leave comprehensive feedback.

raised, you live in UK? if so i mgith start asking oyu to do pick ups for me. in exchange i will supply you with anything you need from over here. handjobs included.

I don't really know, gfunk's bringing the dipset news.

ouss, this what i know.

during the 50 cent/cam'ron beef, 50 states he's cool w/ jim jones and digs that "we fly high" ballin craze. note that beef in hiphop these days is usually 1 on 1 or else ur burning bridges w/ ppl to work and get money with

jim jones wanted out of dipset after cam's dumb remarks on anderson cooper "i would not snitch even if i knew my neighbour was a serial killer". what do u expect from a highschool dropout?

him and cam haven't spoken in awhile

he still considers himself a "diplomat" and says he's "dipset" for life even on that sep. 15th bet special when 50 and jim jones informally states being signed under g-unit i think he still wants to stick w/ that association

i don't know what cam is doin since them 2 curtis diss tracks.

only appeared on 2 songs since after that, and they were not great. daddy's back which is like 2 pages back on this thead and suga duga from "duke da god vol. 2".

juelz is makin appearances on some remixes these days so that only means that a next album is not too far away.

i for one like jim jones, again, he just got this swagger. i wouldn't listen to the whole album and all, cause it's just unlistenable. but there's things i dig; slurring like shit, he got ad libs goin on like jeezy, lookin gutter and unshaven etc etc. says shit like "my vest and my heater, breath full of reefer, and ur boy stay fly like he was dressin for easter."

Whoa, finally listened to Axiom EP all the way through, I like Durrty alot. But the song after 'Give Me The Music' (on mine, its in the same track after like a minute or two of silence, supposed to be like that?) is crazy, mad emotional.

cheep/wolves, who's he talking to? story on that?

edit: ^Crazy Titch, serving life...ouch

You gotta check the Crazy Titch video of him trying to be dicked over by a cab driver, mad funny.

Have you listened to the Durrty Whurl album yet, DUM? Definitely recommended. Also, check out the Ghetto - 2000 & Life mixtape .. that's prolly still my favorite grime mixtape by a solo artist.

But this all should really go into RBW's grime thread .. since they say fruckkk hip hop.

62rn32r.gif@ Kay-Slay:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/4140535bad4c95/

“I don’t have any beef with Lupe Fiasco,” Tip says matter-of-factly regarding any suggestion being made that he is angry with the Chi-Town MC because he forgot the lyrics to 2 bars of an 8-bar section of A Tribe Called Quest’s “Electric Relaxation” during a tribute to the group at last week’s VH1 Hip-Hop Honors. “Tribe doesn’t [have any beef with Lupe]. We are appreciative of his performance.”

The exact origin of that performance has since come into question following Lupe’s public proclamation that Q-Tip handpicked him to participate in the tribute to Tribe, a claim the abstract poet flatly denies. “VH1 asks who you want to honor you,”Tip begins, breaking down how Lupe ended up in the show, “and we came up with Mos Def, who at the last minute cancelled, Common, Kanye, but then his schedule changed, and Busta…Actually, it was [Lil’] Wayne, Kanye, Common and Mos.”

But since Lil’ Wayne couldn’t, or simply wouldn’t, attend the festivities in New York due to the gun possession charge he was hit with while performing in NYC back in July, VH1 asked Tip to name additional artists he would like to see in the Tribe tribute, to which he suggested Pharrell. “And then they was like, ‘Well, he’s honoring Snoop, so he may not be able to do it. What about Talib or Lupe or somebody like that?,’” Tip explains. “And I was like, ‘Oh, Lupe would be cool.’ I was like thinking of the irony, because I read something that somebody sent me that he said he never heard a Tribe Called Quest record and never heard Midnight Marauders, nor had any intention [of hearing it]. So when his name came up I was like, ‘Okay, Lupe.’ I never called him and told him I wanted him to do it. I didn’t beg him to do it. It went just like that.”

“Then we all spoke on the phone with VH1,” continues Tip, “in a creative conversation, and everybody seemed cool. I got there the day of [the performance] and [i was] told that Lupe had some problems with the lyrics. So then I went to his trailer, just trying to extend myself, and I was like, ‘So I understand that you never heard a Tribe Called Quest joint?’ He smiled and said, ‘Well that’s not true. My sister used to listen to it. I didn’t really[listen to it], but my sister had the album with all the faces on it.’”

While Q-Tip remains adamant that he is okay with Lupe’s lyric fumbling [“No big deal, people mess up lyrics,” he reiterates], he is not as understanding of Lupe’s recently revealed rationale for his poor performance, that reasoning being that Lupe’s early hip-hop inspiration came from the hardcore street narratives of Spice 1 and 8Ball & MJG, and not from “the album with all the faces on it.”

“I applaud him for his honesty,” says Tip of Lupe’s explanation. “But I will say that Spice 1 and Geto Boys were making records at the same time we was. And when we used to do shows with them, Spice 1 and all those dudes would be knowing Tribe lyrics, and vice versa. So contrary to I guess maybe somebody like Lupe, people listen to other types of music. People don’t say I have no interest in listening to different types of music. But that’s his opinion and he’s entitled to it.”

Q-Tip has since spoken to the “talented young lion,” as he calls Lupe, to get additional clarification on the rising star’s post-performance comments. “I called him and I said, ‘You know, I just wanted to speak to you man-to-man so you know that I don’t have no beef with you,’” Tip reveals, “And he was like, ‘They attacking me.’ He explained himself to me, and I listened. We spoke about doing a tour together actually.”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.5811/title.dx-clusive-fiascogate-fallout-words-from-q-tip

62rn32r.gif @ people being more offended at Lupe than Q-Tip himself.

isnt juelz coming out with a collab album with weezy?

also NERD album next year?

That juelz/weezy album was supposed to have happened for like two years now...I heard around late 2006 that NERD was gonna' come out with a new album in late 2007..late 2007's here and no new news on the album, kinda' disappointing.

but i cant justify getting behind dipset as a whole. they seem like one giant gimmick that floats off of naive listeners. and peaople screaming DIPSET in the street annoy me like people who quote dave chappelle at any chance. im probably just an elitist, though.

I wont deny kind of liking their first album, I really liked it for some of the beats but thats about it. overall I really cant feel them at all, their production has gotten weaker, whatever Jim Jones touches sounds like shit. theres also a limit on how much ay bay bay parkin darkin farkin like smarkin rhymes I can take. their whole "movement" is the worst gimmick in hiphop. call me an elitist or whatever you want, but I simply think a large part of their stuff sounds like crap, I cant have much respect for them as artists when the only thing that partly saves their ish is the production.

re: NERD, I actually liked Fly or Die quite a bit. I think a year ago they were talking about making an album for later this year but havent heard anything since.

new Jay track is dope. so is this Ghost joint: http://www.thefader.com/blog/articles/2007/10/10/audio-ghostface-killah-chunky

prod by Pete Rock, dropped from More Fish. sick sick bassline :eek:

this track is too gully. the Wu is back.

Wu-Tang Clan & Erykah Badhu - The Heart Gently Weeps

when did they leave? i do agree with the gullinessss of the song though.

its crazy that the rza got george harrison's son to play guitar. the rza and jonh frusciante also play guitar on other songs. i know he mentions that he wants to play different instruments in the wu manual but is he any good?

also to comment on the past few posts.

1. i remember liking fly or die alot. it's one of those albums that grow on u, if u can sorta ignore or accept some of the childish ass tracks like backseat love. i haven't heard of anything new album in the works though. i think pharrell is too busy w/ his clothing line. he has produced a song recently though, for britney's new album

http://www.rapgodfathers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4333&Itemid=173

2. jim jones says he's not signing w/ g-unit, also says cam'ron's been harder to find than nemo the past few.

3. lil wayne/juelz, they keep talking bout how they're gonna put out a retail album "i can't feel my face" but that was since at least a year back. i dl'd a mixtape i think back then, only track i remember was that black republican track they spit on and juelz iz dumb on it (shit). "i get high, higher than turbulences, white phantom, lookin so fergielicious".

and i'm spent.

that's news. he's gone hipster on us. i think he can pull it off better than anyone really.

i hope he gets gnarls barkley money on his future works.

mos def was always sorta the hipster-esque rapper, even when he was in Black Star with talib... they've always been like above the mainstream, ahead of the mainstream, and now the mainstream is sorta catching up.

EDIT: btw, MF Doom is not dead. hearsay says that he's putting out his album with ghostface in early 2008.

It's called Swift & Changeable and one song, "Angeles", has been released so far.

link???

DUM, do you hit up any of the williams street (adult swim) mixtapes and records they release on their site? like Dangerdoom (an official release), Chocolate-Swim, Definitive Swim, etc. etc.

?