camo in japan.

red

is it wrong to wear a digital camo jacket in japan?

ive noticed that japanese prize american uniforms (camo especially), but when i wear my jacket, so many people look at me, that it seems like im being offensive. as if im wearing a nazi sign. or like im wearing nothing at all.

and im not exaggerating when i say ALOT of people were looking at me.

edit: i just noticed that this belongs in supershopper, but what the hell. im used to making all my threads in supertrash.

perhaps, people thought you're part of the red army? you know, those guys who drive around their army vans around tokyo, blasting their speech through the megaphones?

in okinawa, there's a long history of the local people disliking rude army men. that's a whole another story.

red, wearing camo in japan will definitely make you stand out. in the states, wearing camo has a sense of irony which is COMPLETELY missing when you wear it in japan. think about it, in the states, you can wear camo and it looks stylish. over in japan, if you're not japanese and wearing camo, you just look like a soldier, especially in okinawa.

in okinawa, i didn't see any off-duty, off-base military personnel wearing camo. they wore regular "civilian" clothes. not that it was hard to tell they were military.

even *i* stand out when i go to okinawa and i'm 100% japanese. i always get asked by random people if i'm an american. they can tell just by looking at me.

Guest Airjamie

Red I think it would help if you actually wore something under the camo for a change. And if you would just stop flashing mangina at schoolgirls im sure all the weird stares would totally stop.

Are you head to toe in Camo? I thought camo was ubiquitous in fashion over in Japan, like it's played out. Or is it because you're white?

im philipino. many say, i can also pass as a native. and wearing camo in okinawa is very common with okinawans. and the reason i wore a jacket is because of the typhoon.

thanks for the new avatar ddml.

im philipino. many say, i can also pass as a native. and wearing camo in okinawa is very common with okinawans. and the reason i wore a jacket is because of the typhoon.

thanks for the new avatar ddml.

but didnt chicken post that? give respect where its due or chicken might go crazy.

ive seen pics, hes a big dude and has a gun

normal_chickenwithgun.jpg