55 - (Semidress) Last

nickel eyes and hooks

single leather midsole

vibram composite half sole

1/4" lower standard heel

natural edge

leather lined

I'm in love.....

thanks again for all the help on this forum..

Whites_Bountyhunters_Horween_Chmx_001.jpg

Whites_Bountyhunters_Horween_Chmx_002.jpg

Whites_Bountyhunters_Horween_Chmx_003.jpg

Whites_Bountyhunters_Horween_Chmx_004.jpg

Whites_Bountyhunters_Horween_Chmx_005.jpg

Sturdy-looking boots there, davichan!

Question for the shoe care experts amongst us: cleaned up the newly-arrived Coniston (and I can see why now those who own it rate the boot so highly, truly a thing of beauty), but there seems to be some kind of residue in the grain on the body of the boot. I've cleaned the boots with saddle soap, and added a touch of cream and polish but residue is still there.

Any ideas on how to clear it off the leather, or is this normal with country grain?

dscf2375r.jpg

Also, when bulling the toecaps I noticed this mark came up after a while:

dscf2379s.jpg

It was a lot whiter at first, but I left some polish on overnight and buffed it gently this morning and it looks a lot more subtle.

Again, any ideas on what it is and how to remedy, if possible?

What is the different between #38 swing last then the reg semi dress last?

More room cut on the pinky toe side of the boot is what I was told,

But I have never worn them to say.

I believe Denim has both and can better speak on it.

Swing last has way more room in the toes, but is slightly "duck foot" shaped. I can fit D in the swing, but like denimjunky, need to go up in width for the standard last.

Here are my new,

Whites BountyHunter in Horween Black Chromexcel

Davi - those are amazing! Congrats! Will get back here when I recharge! :)

Sturdy-looking boots there, davichan!

Again, any ideas on what it is and how to remedy, if possible?

Great connies, CTB! I suspect you are seeing the factory wax treatment extruding. I get that a lot, mostly on cordo boots - it looks like a white haze. Take a blowdryer and gently heat, while buffing with a brush or cloth - it should come out.

What these guys said. Perfect mix between dressier SD and a wallabee. Love mine.

Since we're on the Russells (c'mon denimjunky, try them :D ), here's one of my oldest pairs. We bought them before going on a photo safari 5-6 years ago. I was initially doubtful, as I wasn't sure if I would get enough wear out of them, but no worries! They're the perfect summer boot. The sole is thin, for good "feel" and being able to walk quietly, and the nubuck has aged really nicely over time - they were much lighter to start with.

1d386770.jpg

95c30d6e.jpg

Great connies, CTB! I suspect you are seeing the factory wax treatment extruding. I get that a lot, mostly on cordo boots - it looks like a white haze. Take a blowdryer and gently heat, while buffing with a brush or cloth - it should come out.

Legend. Gotta give some love to others, as per...only took ten minutes, and I spent a lot longer than that searching for the answer before coming here...

Nice Russells, btw.

^Yeah well, Ive got a #38 in width D and regular in EE so the compare is totally off...

that's big gap... :eek:

have you campared #38 with plain toe smokejumper?

seems that Swing last more wider than SJ...