Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

juiians from a good friend

bda1d21e.jpg

992ed30c.jpg

397edb17.jpg

I thought you were told Julians are crap and they fall apart. Why would you go and buy a pair?

The light was good today and it's been a year since the last update. They're now 3.5yrs old, and almost exactly 21mo since the Alden refurbishing. Leather Soul Alden Indy in #8 shell:

img3218sized.jpg

man, indy's in #8 are pretty much perfect for every occasion. saving my dollars.

anybody know anything about these?

29lk5tj.jpg

I've found them referred to as the "gq" boot (lame yes)

Made in the USA by Chippewa, look JUST like the LL Bean iron works boots but without the cap toe...probably gonna cop because I can get them on the cheap and chippewa shit seems to be durable as fuck

Good to see you have high standards. I was under the impression that all of his leather comes from Horween.

Wait is Ed talking about the Chippewas or the Julians? If its the Julians, I have no idea. But the Chippewas are indeed a tier below Red Wing. It's not really crap craftsmanship, but the leather is a bit cheaper than most brands like White's, Viberg and Wesco. Good bang for the buck. I have not spent over $130 on a pair of new Chippewas (except vintage).

coleslaw please post some flicks of ur collection, and a waywt so we can check ur look, i have a feeling that the collection and the waywt pics will be awesome.

On another note do u know a good cobbler in nyc (possibly be able to do something in the ball park of http://hukurokuju.com/ that guy. I doubt that there will be anyone near his level of talent but i cant afford the cost.

-Thanks

leather on the juliens (the boots demonito posted last page) is crap, and the craftsmanship is so so but he bought them anyway

haha i understood what he was saying, i meant why did he buy them if they weren't that great