Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

QUESTION for ya'll?

Maybe my feet have been spoiled by Trickers, Visvim and Aldens to be honest.

I got my first pair of Redwing 8140 last week,

I love them, and been wearing them everyday walking miles in NYC to try to aggressively break them in.

i have never been a real fan of insoles moving around in my shoes...

my question is.

will their built-in hard leather insole eventually break in to mold better to my foot?

or i am just gonna have accept they will never bee as comfortable to my other higher end made shoes.

love to hear comments.

thanks again.

Beatle might be right in any case, but I believe the 8140 (like other Red Wings) has a layer of cork under the leather insole that will take the shape of your foot after some wear.

Personally I haven't needed to use insoles with any of my Red Wings for the sake of comfort, although I do sometimes use a felt insole during winter for insulation if it's really cold (say below -10).

I do believe you will be happier with a well fitting extra insole..
Beatle might be right in any case, but I believe the 8140 (like other Red Wings) has a layer of cork under the leather insole that will take the shape of your foot after some wear.

Personally I haven't needed to use insoles with any of my Red Wings for the sake of comfort, although I do sometimes use a felt insole during winter for insulation if it's really cold (say below -10).

thank you beatle and lostinthesupermarket for the help on the RW advice, much appreciated.

Is there a particular insole brand that people in the forum really prefer?

I appeciated all the help guys.:)

How about here? http://shop.linegear.com/product_info.php?products_id=1423

^^^This website doesn't have all that custom options like bakershoe.com but this is the only website i find so far that have the burgundy leather.....should i go for it?:o

Yin--You need to just call Baker or White's and ask them for the specific options you want, because they're not always listed on the site.

really they will? how? call them up? or what email? ive got some horsehide

I visited Wesco Factory last week, and that is how I understood it(I guess there is a chance that the person helping me had wrong information). I know they have made a pair for some German customer...But I was told it needs to be thick enough (5oz, if I remember correctly) and good quality. Also, even though you provide the leather yourself, price will still be the same.

I think the only Japan exclusive thing is that Narrow Engineer last with higher heel, and that exclusiveness will probably only last a year or two more...(not 100% sure on this though).

Anyone here who owns a pair of made to measure Wescos? Do you wear them with Wesco insoles or some other brand(Scholl/Spenco/Birkenstock...)? I was measured there, but I am still bit unsure if they will fit me properly if I choose to wear them with different insoles? Any info appreciated!

Anyone here who owns a pair of made to measure Wescos? Do you wear them with Wesco insoles or some other brand(Scholl/Spenco/Birkenstock...)? I was measured there, but I am still bit unsure if they will fit me properly if I choose to wear them with different insoles? Any info appreciated!

I wear my with the original insoles still. But they're just foam things if I remember, I'm not wearing them today to check.

Wesco told me to not wear them with the insoles when I first got them to help stretch out the boots since they were tight.

Keep in mind you'll probably change out the insoles as you wear the boots anyway.

I've been buying those cheap foam ones just to get a little bit of extra cushion. They're like a few bucks from a local shoe repair place.

To water your mouth:

whitssd81.jpg

Regarding burgndy, you can also contact bakershoe about that. They are very keen on helping out in special orders.

what webpage is that from?

I'm about to order a pair of SD's but i still have a few questions here, i tried to call baker, the guy i talked to was very nice but he just speaks a little too fast and i couldn't catch up....i have some difficulties to understand cause English is my second language....sorry for being annoying......:o:o:o:o:o:o

http://www.bakershoe.com/shop-by-brand.cfm/brand/whites-boots/product/custom-semi-dress---chrome-excel-leather/

Here are my questions.....:o

Leather liner: Which section are they talking about?

Edge: Which section are they talking about?

Last: What is the difference between standard and swing last?

Sole trim: what is the difference between standard and close trim?

Toe cap: Is that the line around the toe section?

I'm about to order a pair of SD's but i still have a few questions here, i tried to call baker, the guy i talked to was very nice but he just speaks a little too fast and i couldn't catch up....i have some difficulties to understand cause English is my second language....sorry for being annoying......:o:o:o:o:o:o

http://www.bakershoe.com/shop-by-brand.cfm/brand/whites-boots/product/custom-semi-dress---chrome-excel-leather/

Here is a picture of a semi-dress with a cap toe:

dsc2496w.jpg

^those are prob just brown dress color

Yin, your spelling and grammar is uncanny for an ESL

liner is interior of the boot, edge is exterior of the mid/out sole, swing last has a bigger toe area, close trim cuts the out sole closer to the boot, toe cap=as pictured

^those are prob just brown dress color

Yin, your spelling and grammar is uncanny for an ESL

liner is interior of the boot, edge is exterior of the mid/out sole, swing last has a bigger toe area, close trim cuts the out sole closer to the boot, toe cap=as pictured

Thanks for the compliment and your friendly, informative reply.:)

Now i got everything figured out now, repped.:)

Have a look at this:

semi-dress.jpg

Leather liner: inside layer of leather that is necessary on finer leather qualities like water buffalo.

Edge: number 7 in picture

Last: #38 (swing last) is roomier in the toe box. Read chunkier.

Sole trim: I understand that closetrim can only be had for single stitched white's. I find i hard to believe that they can trim it more on double stitched.

Toe cap:

10500.jpg