MORE pictures of worn in, BLACK DENIM?

chris

YES I KNOW HOW TO SEARCH. but what im looking for is for pictures of dry, black denim that has been worn in, IN ADDITION to the only picture i could find on this entire forum (including the "before and after" thread):

200503151633.jpg

ive even searched through the photo gallery at the nudie forum, but still, no such luck. however, i did find this on the nudie fit guide:

black.jpg

anyone? tragicbliss?

Guest Airjamie
It seems like all of a sudden there's a sudden surge in interest for black denim...

Were all supergay, so its a psychological association stemming from our repressed desire for black cock. Wearing in raw black denim=black cock. Wheres my fucking PHD already.

Are they black overdyed?

Apparently those Samurai are special which is why they break down like that. Some kind of Indigoish dye. Only black. Heard it from some blog somewhere.

Maybe im talkin out of my ass...

All black denim I have ever seen worn down looked pretty bland to me. I saw some today infact, on a bum. His wasnt impressive at all, and no one breaks in jeans like the homeless.

yes they are overdyed. i was under the impression that they were just black sulfur dyed but upon reading up on them i found out why they fade blue then white. the color on them reminds me a lot of the really dark blue/black you see on unwashed LVC or Lee Japans. went to the 45rpm store to get slim sorahikos changed my mind to regular sorahikos but ended up walking out with the blacks. too much good stuff in that place makesit hard to make up your mind.

i think i read on a thread here that the dye for those samurai's was a mixture of indigo and black dye, so they look black but fade more like indigo.

I wonder how the nudie black black might fade? Ive heard its basically a dry indigo jean thats overdyed in black.

And i really like the black jims on the nudie fit guide.. im hoping that my pair eventually look similar to that... though it seem like itll take many many months

actually the black Samurai's are just black, no indigo. The reason why they fade so well is that they are rope dyed which means that the core of the threads stay white and only the outer parts are dyed. The threads in the Samurai's have bigger white cores than usual, which helps the fading.

horribly, will the new s5000bk fade the same way as these?

• 1 month later...
Guest Airjamie

I just picked up that new black thanaz that diesel is making, and although they arent exactly raw, these are developing nice silver wear marks from my cellphone and wallet. Ill take pics eventually.

I have dry black slim jims and have yet to put a dent in them.

Copy that.

My SJDBs show nothing but some honeycombs, and I've had them over 6 months.

All the Nudie dry black denims are lighter weight and not as rigid. Combine that with black rather than indigo, and you've got a jean that is much more difficult to break in.

My I.A. Hiro Ito's are breaking in better than any other black raws I have had, and they have some stretch which also usually slows the process. Suprising.

My dry black (or maybe they're technically grey) SJs don't show a ton of fading, but they're creased and honeycombed nicely. I'd venture too that most people--myself included--find black jeans less versatile than blue ones and thus don't wear them as much and it takes a lot longer to break them in.