Would like your feedback on our shortsleeve hoodie

orisue

Hey guys,

We recently took some photos of some cut and sews we're putting out for Fall 2006 to show our current stores and potential stores. But somehow, it got released to the public so Chris at www.ctothejl.blogspot.com just full blasted the photos on his blog.

Since its already no longer exclusive, might as well talk about it on here too? I've always looked at the Supertalk audience as another medium for good constructive criticisms whether its good or bad. I know I haven't been able to been able to post much on Supertalk because I've been completely busy with Orisue, taking the company into a different direction... hopefully for the better by introducing some basic cut and sews and designs. (I know we got heated pretty bad for our rookie/primo line) So I would like to reintroduce the line for Fall 2006. By the way, we've already prepared up to Summer 2007.

Anyway, here are some photos. I would love to know what you guys think. Good or bad. Any would be appreciated.

01.jpg

02.jpg

If you guys are wondering, the emblem on the front and back are gold plated metals.

03.jpg

04.jpg

We tried to make a different type of hoodie so that its not so triangular.

I like it alot but I don't understand the point of the gold plated emblem. It's going to add to the cost and I have to deal with it everytime I wash it. Plus I'd be afraid it'd get snagged on things. Replace it with your logo, embroidered.

Thanks for the comment "sygyzy" By the way... how do you pronounce that... Swigzy? Hahaha... I tried =/

Its true that that gold-plated metal emblem does add cost to the garment but the hoodie is relatively affordable. So far we haven't had a problem washing our jackets with the emblem before. I just think that little details like that adds value to the garment? What do you think? But your suggestion is most definitely appreciated.

It's pronounced seh gizz zee. If the hoody is "relatively" affordable, then I guess the emblem is ok. How is it attached to the garment? Is it really nicely plated or is it gold like the gold pirate coins you see during holloween? I can imagine it getting chipped or flaking off and then that will just look cheap. I do agree that the details is what adds value to the garment. For a good lesson in a formula that works, look at Trovata. I think you guys are going in the right direction with your cut and sew. I am impressed by this more than any of your tees.

Hahahaha gold pirate coins, what a freaken funny comparison. Anyway, from what it looks like, its plated nicely so I don't think it can chip off easily? As far as how its sewn on, it is clamped on the inside of the hoodie with another thin sheet of the same logo. It doesn't feel heavy nor bothersome.

superfuture is very minimalist. so a loud hood like that may not be appealing to many of the members. and a short sleeve hoody hardly seems functional. i like the contrasting yellow though.

what i would do:

put the all-over design inside the sweater and hood as a lining. make it a long sleeve hoody, and apply a zipper.

we get a free hoody for the feedback right?

Michael, I like it and I don't like it.

*I don't like:*

• The gold plated logo screams LRG,
  • The thing I love about my sleeveless Bape hood is that I can unzip it off when i'm too hot (i.e. it's a perfect item for spring and autumn),
  • I really admire you trying to do something different with the hood shape, but that hasn't worked it looks like the wearer has a flat head,
  • It needs something else, possibly different coloured stitching,

*I like*

• You shouldn't really mix patterns up but the hood pattern is subtle enough to work with the stripe (it's also linear),
  • I like the fact that it's gone from sleeveless to shortsleeve, that's cool and a little bit different - I could actually just wear the hoodie rather than with a tee underneath,
  • The fit looks great on him

What are you thinking retailing these at?

i don't like the contrasting fabric. the pattern should be on the inside of the hoodie, not outside. it should be sleeveless- not short sleeve. emblem is too large- gold plated emblem seems really tacky- double tacky points for having two. add a zipper- a nice double zip one.

but that's just my opinion.

i don't like the contrasting fabric. the pattern should be on the inside of the hoodie, not outside. it should be sleeveless- not short sleeve. emblem is too large- gold plated emblem seems really tacky- double tacky points for having two. add a zipper- a nice double zip one.

but that's just my opinion.

mine too. 1234567890

Make it an all over print with the hood pattern and add long sleeves or make it sleeveless. There is too much contrast going on and the emblems is kinda week.

Guest Airjamie

I love everything but that emblem. To me it just seems stupid, i mean i guess on a jacket it would be less obtrusive but on fleece it just doesnt fit. The piping and hood however look great together.

Wow, I am totally surprised... well actually not really. Just that I thought I would have been torn by Supertalk critiques hahaha. So it seems like you guys aren't feeling the gold plated logo? Would it make a difference if it was embroidered?

As far as this 'trend' goes, I think its really hard for a small company like us in our own little small sub culture to make it move. It sucks to say, but the trend will only be successful if a big company such as Bape or NBHD or Nike comes in and rocks the trend. Do you guys agree or disagree? At the moment, it seems kind of 'garish' and at times it even looks like what a warlock would wear hahahaha. But despite my comments, I do really appreciate your feedback guys.

Oh by the way, I do totally understand that majority of the people here on Supertalk are minimalist who are into such brands as Visvim, Neighborhood, MAHARISHI, Addict, )TAPS and such?

If you guys do have some personal questions, feel free to reach me through AIM "imawokstar" - I would love to build a network.

I think it would be better if you make it a long sleeve but give the hoody the option of a zip off half sleeve to make it a short sleeve hoody when its not too cold outside. It might cost more money but that would definitely be something i would buy. I think the yellow trimming is a little too much

i'll offer some constructive criticism.

i think there needs to be elastic at the ends of the sleeves like that of a long-sleeved hoodie; i think if you're making a short-sleeved hoodie, you need to reference the look of a long-sleeved hoodie that's been bunched up past the elbows rather than a t-shirt.

Props for trying to do something a little different. Im going to second a few people and say that I think it would work better sleeveless, the sleeves lay funny on the arms, probably b/c of the fabric thickness. Also, the gold plated logo makes me think of Jnco or that tupac/Makavielli shit they sell at Marshalls, but thats cool you tried something new. good luck.