addicted to denim.

thelion1856

yes im addicted to denim hard. especially raw denim or one washes. i dont know why maybe because the color tends to be so dark. been checkin out this site sooo long now just decided to sign up for it. I've spent about $2000 on denim since january. thats when it all really took off. I dont think i can control it. I just keep buying. I was wondering if anyone else out there feels like they're in the same boat. Well at least it beats being addicted to crack.

Oh and i stopped buying weed and coke so i can use the money on denim.

2000 is a bit too much for denim. i dont think even poly used 2000 on his splurge, and he has one hell of a collection.

no, i didnt get that high, but then again, when i did the conversions..the most anything cost was the samauris which were like 20,000 yen....everything else was pretty regular as far as denim pricing goes, around $150ish....some less...

well it all started out small mostly buying random denim brands like DKNY's Kenneth Cole, then i got deeper with a couple Artful Dodger denims, a few 501 original denims,501 raw selvege, a pair of One Wash Blue Blood Jap Denim and recently a pair of evisu raw jap denims with the gold foil print on the back. And a few other random denims.

yeah most my ish was round 150 to 200 but then it all adds up. the levies were the cheapest at round 50 to 60.

Im just glad i cant undrestand those japanese denim websites cuz i'd go crazy wit it on orders.

I used to be since 2004, but what I've bought I've sold, so there's some return. Now I just have 4 denims and glad to say I have killed the addiction. Feels good.

I used to be since 2004, but what I've bought I've sold, so there's some return. Now I just have 4 denims and glad to say I have killed the addiction. Feels good.

true, you can't sell back other types of addictions, like coke.

two grands on denim might be better spent there than elsewhere. plus, lion hasn't even gotten into crazy japanese denim, yet. once you go there, you might have to also give up on your gambling money. and whores.

yeah i only have 3, i need to get one or two. maybe one big one for the summer, im still thinking of grabing a sc40400.

DO IT. You won't regret it. It keeps on giving. It hits you in stages. First the color, then the construction, then the weave... then the fade???

Last night, (nearly 3 months into our love) I really started to appreciate the twill weave; i sort of tranced out-----at first it seemed very vertical, now it seems to be very cross-hatched; in any case, the slubs are really starting to stand up and say hello; it is a pleasure for the fingers; not trying to overly rub the jeans so that i preserve the indigo but it is hard not to let your fingers glide over the surface; it is now my favorite feature beyond the construction and color.

looking inside at the busted seam, i am seeing now how much lighter in color it has become; i thought i had been making no progress.

i am serious-----it will slake your thirst. (if it's your thing; it ain't for everyone)

Yes, I'm closing the door firmly on further denim purchases. I picked up a pair of black sorahikos last Sunday. I am done. I haven't even soaked my Okinawas yet. What am I doing? I have rethought the PBJ 001. I don't think I'll go for those. Certainly not now. They're just too heavy and it's too hot. I have more than enough dark indigo, and since I don't care for washes and fades and whatever, I'm done.

wait. quick question ive taken for granted. do okinawas shrink? i know the 47s shrink dramatically, and i always expected the okinawas to do the same. now that i think about it, my okinawas had no major decrease in size, but i always assumed that it was the result of stretching.

i think stretching has something to do with it, remember guys, no matter how hard you try denim is afterall made of cotton it can be shrunk but it will always stretch back. Maybe not to the stretch you had it before the wash but it will get darn close.

Yes this is an addiction, anyone see the special they had on i think it was CNN about how premium denim has sold extreamly well and how its jumped like 5 fold or some shit in like the past year or two?

now that i think about it, my okinawas had no major decrease in size...

Red, so I soaked my Okinawas, finally. They shrink. Definitely. And they bled alot. I recommend putting them through a spin cycle. I still had blue fingers after. They shrank to a nice, snug, fit, slimmer than the '47's. Very slubby, it feels somewhat like the Denime fabric. I like it. We'll see how they stretch after some wear.