• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thinkin im going to order a pair of these pbj xx005's tomorrow

i'm 5'11 175lbs

wear a 29 in my lee 101z

and a 31 in nudie i had in the past

i like to wear my jeans pretty snug throughout

i was thinking i would go with the 30, but am unsure

any sizing help would be greatly appreciated!!

I weigh 130lbs and my size 30s are pretty slim on me, especially in the thighs. Unless you have incredibly skinny legs a 30 might be a bit on the skin tight side for you.

mine have finally returned from hemming and they did an awesome job. although i am a size 32 in nudie slim jims i took a size 33 in the pbjs. they fit looser than the nudies, but they are still definitely slim. if i wanted nearly the same fit as my nudies, i probably could've gone for 32.

my advice is to either get your regular size OR size one up if you have wide hips. the reason for this is the low rise of the XX-005. these jeans are not good to size down on if you soak before wearing.

if you wear 31 in nudie, go for 31 in PBJ or 32.

i don't think i plan on soaking before wearing

and i do like my jeans to fit really tight

the lower the rise the better for me

BIG is now out of 30's so i'm considering 29 or 31 here

if im not going to be able to button 29's then ill get 31's

but i'm just a bit skeptical of getting pants that will fit looser than i'd like them to

anymore experience would be greatly appreciated

Hehe, they are so damn expensive though. I'd compare the fit, but I only own the AI and have never seen or tried on the XX-003/005. They were pretty damn tight around the waist (maybe cuz they are one wash?), the thighs are fairly tight on me too. I can post pictures later today if you wanna see how they fit.

my advice is to either get your regular size OR size one up if you have wide hips. the reason for this is the low rise of the XX-005. these jeans are not good to size down on if you soak before wearing.

if you wear 31 in nudie, go for 31 in PBJ or 32.

This may be creepy, but due to similar sizing and you seeming like your pro. Can you tell me how exactly you soak your jeans ie water temp and time. I don't wanna screw these up when they arrive!

there's a ton of threads on soaking, so you might want to take a look at the various methods. btw, i'm no pro, it's really not rocket science. :)

soaking/washing is a very personal thing. you have to figure out what works for you.

personally, i use the method endorsed by samurai (chicken translated the method, it's in the tweedle's denim encyclopedia at the top of the superdenim forum). it's a two part method, part one removes the sizing, part two shrinks it down.

i use cold water. if i want them to shrink a lot, i'll put them in the tub and go out of the house and do something. if i want a little bit of shrink, i only soak them for an hour or so.

also, after they dry for about 45 minutes, i put them on while still damp. that way, you can set in the initial creases and coordinate how much stacking you want in the knees and at the bottom of the leg. this step is important for me because of the look i'm trying to achieve. it might not be crucial to you.

Just got em from BIG.....Loving life right now.

I'm Six foot Two, 185. These are a size 33, UNSOAKED....Will probably be wearing these unsoaked, or possibly with a warm tub bath with me in them. Recommendations/Comments?

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

I have a pair and I soaked them. Every part of them came in a lot (the waist came in hte least) so they shrink a lot. Unless you plan on never getting your jeans wet, you should soak them first. I cannot think of a scenario in which you wouldn't want to get your jeans wet for the rest of your life.

I'm contemplating a warm soak in the tub and then wearing them while wet. I can stand to have them shrink alittle in the waist, but the thighs are gonna be the issue.

Has anybody tried showering in them and then using a blowdryer to dry them on you??

Ok, so I soaked them per Carl's recommendation. They got a half hour steaming hot soak in the tub, then air dried outside in the sun. They shunk about one inch in the waist, became slimmer in the thigh and about three inches shorter. I was nervous about the waist shrinkage, which was why I was going to keep them raw, but now that they are soaked and I can still button them, I am happy I did it!

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Ok, so I soaked them per Carl's recommendation. They got a half hour steaming hot soak in the tub, then air dried outside in the sun. They shunk about one inch in the waist, became slimmer in the thigh and about three inches shorter. I was nervous about the waist shrinkage, which was why I was going to keep them raw, but now that they are soaked and I can still button them, I am happy I did it!

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

they look great. not to offend you but seeing those badass elbow tattoos and then the purple/pink room cracks me up.

That's a fantastic fit. By all accounts PBJ rule. I wonder how many other as yet unearthed denim mines exist? And whoever suggested Ringring and xcoldricex should be getting royalties was bang on :)

yeah, i said that, we probably exponentially boomed their business....ringring for the suggestion and coldrice for coming through

Definitely the leathergoods connection wallet in the oak tanned leather. Great purchase. Fully endorse his stuff. Haven't taken my PBJ's off for about three days. They feel perfect now. For sure the best fitting jeans I've got at the moment.

anyone thinking about buying these jeans....BUY THEM. the denim is awesome...feels like nothing else. Thanks mizanation for the soaking tips. Worked well apart from trying to do up those buttons, have got to be the smallest button holes and buttons i've ever had. Shrunk a fair bit but not enough to accomadate my short legs. May have to cuff these, live with it or get them hemmed.

I had the same problem with the buttons at first. First time I tried them on I nearly bloodied my fingers messing with them, but the holes stretched out pretty quickly. No problems since then