a washed jean question

mizanation

i have a couple pairs of 501 redlines that fit me but have already been washed a few times. only thing is that they don't have very good honeycombs or whiskers although they are still a somewhat decent color.

if i wear them, what are the chances that they will develop nice whiskers and honeycombs? i'm thinking pretty slim because if that were the case, people would wash their jeans more often....

the point is how remain indigo on your jeans, i think miz !

my opinion is this.

jeans have necessary indigo,if you wash couple of time.

you can have honeycomb or whisker.....

but as red said, i also think i'm afraid you can't get dramatical fading.....

As said earlier, I would say that indigo loss would be minimal, but there probably WOULD be some. Just all depends on how many times they've actually been washed. Before I got my first pair of drys I had to wait until I could afford it, so I just wore one pair of a light was American Eagle jeans that fit like crap until I could spend the cash. This was basically for a whole semester, but they did in fact develop some minimal honeycombs, and lines on the legs (not sure the term for that). Same thing for some darker diesels I wore for a while. In short, it's still possible, but nowhere near as effective.

you should be fine.

you will get all the whiskering, honeycombs, "atari", etc with enough wear and washing.

it just might not be as pronounced as you want.

just how far washed out are they anyway?

^^^ well, both pairs are pretty dark. i actually starched and wore a pair yesterday and it "reactivated" the whiskers and honeycomb areas. i definitely see that if i wear them, they will produce the desired results (without even having to use sandpaper, etc.). looks like they will turn out quite nice.

Welcome to the dark side, Keal!

To celebrate, here's some pics of my old fucked up Diesels----they started out much darker and with a greenish cast, all the sanded bits turned into holes during my ownership. The nail in the coffin is the fucked up patch made from a pair of Gitano jeans that I found in the woods. I cut a new hole in the knee trying to remove my shitty patch job.

ENJOY!

EDIT: sorry for breaking the no mall jeans rule!

diesel.jpg

dieselback.jpg

ddml, thanks, nice to be here! I would have signed up earlier, but I'm such a slacker when it comes to registering on new sites :)

Nice personalized denim! The way the backside is all wrinkled up, it's like the jeans are frowning and saying, "I'm part Gitano now, boo-hoo!"

I'm going to try my hand at Frankensteining some of my holier jeans. I have to find out which pair is going on the meat block to sacrifice itself for the sake of its kin :)

ddml

I have the same exact pair of diesels... they were my first pair of premium denim. I'm getting all misty with the memories.

Shamefully, I must admit that I paid retail for them. I always wonder how much better my jeans life would have been if I had spent the same amount on a pair of LVCs...