Forget Febreeze I think I have it

__3xL

Can this thread be moved to the medical forum please?

first: everything jonboy said is technically on point, but there's no need to get snotty. numero needs to get schooled on some bio-basics, but calling him stupid isn't likely to help him retain anything you just said.

second (and most important, because it pertains to me): the pocket rivet on my left hip of my imperials has started to kinda dig into my skin and irritate it... i did my best with a tack hammer to round off the edges, but it's still a bit bothersome - i'm curious if it's likely to get infected, especially after a few more months of wear w/o a wash...

first: everything jonboy said is technically on point, but there's no need to get snotty. numero needs to get schooled on some bio-basics, but calling him stupid isn't likely to help him retain anything you just said.

second (and most important, because it pertains to me): the pocket rivet on my left hip of my imperials has started to kinda dig into my skin and irritate it... i did my best with a tack hammer to round off the edges, but it's still a bit bothersome - i'm curious if it's likely to get infected, especially after a few more months of wear w/o a wash...

i suggest that you pad the rivet on the inside with some kind of fabric. clean, disinfect and put a bandage on your wound. you'll be fine.

I can see the headlines now - "Denim Deaths: Are Dry Dark Jeans to Blame?"

If you want to kill off anything potentially nasty growing on the brightwork, you could soak a q-tip in rubbing alcohol, or better yet 70% ethanol, and use it to swab and clean the metal. Otherwise, try covering it on the inside with a plaster - the really tacky, fabric kind would be better than the crappy ones that come off really easily. You'd want to replace it regularly, but it would provide a bit of padding between you and the metal.