A cleaner way of breaking them in

isiahil

Ok im super new to this board and I like it alot. :)

Now to the business, I noticed yall were talking about not cleaning your jeans for 3 - 6(:eek:) months and constantly wearing them. Im not saying yall dirty :D, but i cant do that, so i was wondering if i got mine dry cleaned after ever wear will they still keep that unwashed look? (i know it will take WAY longer, but i am patient)

And 1 more side question, i read all the evisu x puma threads, but none of them say if the denim is raw or what, so is the demin high quality?

This must be a joke.

If you dry-clean your 'dry-clean only' garments(not to mention jeans) after every wear then you have a serious problem.

If you aren't joking, I have a few customers who ignored my advice and had their raw denim jeans dry-cleaned after a short time and experienced shrinkage and fading. If you were to use a non-chemical dry-cleaner(which none of these guys did) the negative effects on your jeans would not be as profound, but negative nonetheless.

Don't do it.

Wear them at least 2 months worth before that first dry clean . I dont mean mark a calendar I mean 30 days ( 24 hours x 30 ) x 2 .. 1400 hours of wear ..

If you want to clean them like min said there are antimicrobial sprays on the market and you can always hang them inside out in the sun and let them air out a few days or a week for a break from the funk ..

Always pre-soak to get shrinkage done with before that 1st wear though .

Gold bond powder your sack also if youre worried

This must be a joke.

If you dry-clean your 'dry-clean only' garments(not to mention jeans) after every wear then you have a serious problem.

If you aren't joking, I have a few customers who ignored my advice and had their raw denim jeans dry-cleaned after a short time and experienced shrinkage and fading. If you were to use a non-chemical dry-cleaner(which none of these guys did) the negative effects on your jeans would not be as profound, but negative nonetheless.

Don't do it.

Thats what i wanted to hear, i want raw denim because I never had it and im tired of the flimsy stuff i have know, but im not going to constantly wear my pants for a month. I was hoping that the dry cleaners could clean them without shrinking or fading them.

Thats what i wanted to hear, i want raw denim because I never had it and im tired of the flimsy stuff i have know, but im not going to constantly wear my pants for a month. I was hoping that the dry cleaners could clean them without shrinking or fading them.

if you find other ways let us know.

You can wash raw denim like any other denim, you just wont get the distressing like you would if you wore them without washing for a while. You will still have a nice, sturdy pair of jeans, the color will just be more uniform and fade all over with time and washing. So if you want a lot whiskers and honeycombs and wallet fade then you are better off not washing often. If you just want nice, quality jeans, then you can wash whenever you want. You will still get the fading, but it wont be as contrasted, depending on how often you wash them.

Personaly I think washing any jeans after every wear will kill them fast and I see no reason to do it unless you are working in a coal mine or something.

You can wash raw denim like any other denim, you just wont get the distressing like you would if you wore them without washing for a while. You will still have a nice, sturdy pair of jeans, the color will just be more uniform and fade all over with time and washing. So if you want a lot whiskers and honeycombs and wallet fade then you are better off not washing often. If you just want nice, quality jeans, then you can wash whenever you want. You will still get the fading, but it wont be as contrasted, depending on how often you wash them.

The contrast has less to do with washing than with stiffness. There's more contrast when new jeans becuase new stiff jeans abrade more on the whiskers ridges. If you starch them after washing, they will whisker just as well washed or otherwise. In fact, since washing removes the abraded indigo, there may be more contrast after regular washing..

The contrast has less to do with washing than with stiffness. There's more contrast when new jeans becuase new stiff jeans abrade more on the whiskers ridges. If you starch them after washing, they will whisker just as well washed or otherwise. In fact, since washing removes the abraded indigo, there may be more contrast after regular washing..

I guess that would depend on how you wash them, if you machine wash you are going to lose indigo all over from the knocking around in the wash. I have a few pairs of jeans that started dark and have faded to very light from washing. Your contrast is based on the differing colors, so a lighter blue jean wont have as much contrast as a darker pair. If you can find a way to wash them and not have them fade all over, then it would work. But I cant really see someone hand washing their jeans after every wear.