could some explain what 'slubby' means please?

Quote: I wasn't sure what this really meant either, until I saw and felt some of the denim at Blue In Green in Soho.

The hand of slubby denim is like a rich, thick potato sack, but stiffer and less itchy. Those definitions you read do it no justice.

So fucking true.

Quote:

i still think the pure blues take the cake.

--- Original message by mizanation on Jun 15, 2006 11:57 AM

May well be the case but it's good to bear in mind that the denim you see there for the PB's is denim in one wash state while the Samurai pic is the denim in totally raw state. The laundering process accentuates the bobbliness of the denim so I guess I;d have to wash the Samurais before I could do a proper comparison with the PBJ A1-001's.

i don't know, miz. gordon at blue in green was saying he thinks oni and pb are equally slubby. it's just that pbs come one washed already, nice and shrunken and tight, where the onis are still raw and unshrunk. i need to compare a washed oni and a pb side by side.

Quote:

i don't know, miz. gordon at blue in green was saying he thinks oni and pb are equally slubby. it's just that pbs come one washed already, nice and shrunken and tight, where the onis are still raw and unshrunk. i need to compare a washed oni and a pb side by side.

--- Original message by Chicken on Jun 15, 2006 09:51 PM

whatsup chicken, i think we covered this in the jomon vs. ai-001 thread, but i think the consensus is that the ai-001 are slubbier than the oni.

funny, gordon and i were talking about ai-001 and the oni and we both agreed that the ai-001 is a little more slubbier, despite oni's extreme weaving methods.

i doubt washing the onis will make it slubbier than the pb's. i will probably eventually get both so i can do a comparison.

http://mizanation.blogspot.com