Unfading Denim

lemmywinks

Asked this in the Q&A and got no responses, and searching 'unfade' didn't really yield any results.

I have a pair of Samurais that I really like and I used to put my phone in my back pocket until a fade started to come in and I just think it's a really ugly fade. It's just a white outline. I realize what's done is done but I was wondering if you guys had any tips and tricks to try and hide any ugly fades.

It's all part of the process.. there are pairs of PBJ that are dyed fade minimally, but at the end of the day raw denim will fade and you can't hide it once its there. Not sure why you would want to anyway - many people are trying to get those types of fades that you are trying to hide..

The only thing you can really do is to give your jeans a machine wash before you wear it to get rid of all the excess indigo, but that still wont stop it fading, it will just lessen the contrast.

I would just continue wearing them, I'm sure that the fade will start to look better as it evolves anyway

A back pocket phone fade isn't bad... if it were in the front pocket it would be different. Even so, it will eventually fade so it ins't as noticeable if you don't keep it in your pockets. If you are that worried about your jeans fading like that either don't buy raw denim, wear jeans, or just keep your phone in a bag..

I have a pair of Samurais that I really like and I used to put my phone in my back pocket until a fade started to come in and I just think it's a really ugly fade. It's just a white outline. I realize what's done is done but I was wondering if you guys had any tips and tricks to try and hide any ugly fades.

Basically you're trying to change your lifestyle to achieve better looking fades. The denim wears you, are those Samurais more worth than you are?

Oops I meant Skulls but whatever.

Ok FYI, I always used to put my phone and wallet in my front pocket. Raw denim was what influenced me to put them in my back pocket. My first pair of raw denim never got any big wallet fades or cell phone fades so it was never a problem. On my second pair they cell phone fade faded more than I wanted it to and it wasn't something that I liked that much. I just wanted to see if anyone has a fix and I guess there isn't.

carry mad other shit in your pockets and climb some trees, and haul some stones.

• 4 months later...