What are you investing in today?

• 3 weeks later...

Brethren,

How one invests is largely a matter of integrity, as all good business is.

Considering the failing conditions of the present economy, such value is hard to come by. However, do not get desperate.

Treat your investments as an extension of your self:

1. Know what you are working with: research, research, research. Take expert advice with a grain of salt.

2. Be true: for those who are successful, it's not about the money, but the game. Think long term: realize that as a collective consciousness we have the ability to make/break a company. What types of enterprises do you feel have a real shot at changing this world for the better?

3. Stick to your guns: be brave and follow your instincts. Go to the wall if you have to. In the end, you'll be a much better investor through honing your analytical skill, but more importantly instinct.

The END

Old-ass irrelevant thread for archival purposes:

Stocks, who here invests?

I just wanted to say that LNKD is way overvalued, and it has approximately followed the price of Supreme Safari Caps

supremev.png

LinkedIn IPO: $45

Safari Camp Cap: $48 ?

1 day later, both valued at ~ $100++

1 week later, both valued at ~ $90

2 weeks later ~ $80

Today, a Supreme safari cap is worth more than a share of LinkedIn stock.

My investment advice: KOP SUPLEEM

(not really)

Gold is a waste and only for people who think shtf any moment. I mostly look into mutual funds but my options are limited as it's a 403b and 529 contribution. china has been a good benefit to that for the past 2 weeks as everything tanked. Uranium looks good but the dividend wasn't as good when the japan quake hit. So far china and India look like they will be good investments.

LNKD is disgustingly overpriced. I only wish I had the sack to short it (and someone willing to loan the short it on IPO day).

Groupon is a bigger joke. They have no profits, no plans to be profitable next year, and have the highest cost to acquire new users, not to mention tons of competition and no real "product". The owners are crooks too...