Hall of Fade: Global Denim Competition

Hi. I’m Michael Hall creator of www.halloffade.com.

The Hall of Fade project came from obsessively looking up photos online of worn dry denim; losing track of time on forums looking at sick fades on pairs of Nudie Jeans; figuring out how to do justice to my Flat Head denims; marveling at how a postman managed to destroy his pair of Samurai jeans without having been hit by a bus; watching people go exercise in jeans just to get their Pure Blue Japan jeans get that worn in look. It’s the love of crafting and styling your own second skin, a piece of clothing that you can bond with and call a part of you. And we thought, why don’t we have a website dedicated to this stuff!

It’s for the love of raw jeans.

You can easily upload and share your fades with the rest of the world. Users can comment and rate each other’s jeans with a 10-star rating system.

With your support we hope to be the biggest global community gallery of faded dry jeans.

We are launching the website with a denim contest.

----------------------------------

"Hall of Fade presents Dry vs Dry 2011 Worldwide Denim Competition."

Bringing together aged and worn in dry denim from every corner of the globe.

This competition is open to all denim lovers everywhere who have beautifully aged your own pair of raw denim. Any brand, any age and any amount of washes.

Dry vs Dry 2011 is sponsored by leading denim stores representing each region. Self Edge for the USA, Cultizm for Europe and Pronto Denim for Asia.

It’s easy, simply take photos of your jeans, sign up at www.halloffade.com and upload the pictures. You’re in!

Users decide the winner. Judging is done by a star rating system, everyone can vote. In a month, a new section on the site will be unlocked: the Hall of Fade league table. This page will compile a list of the top ranked jeans by the number of stars it has received from other users.

The winners will be decided by the ratings when the clock hits 0:00 on September 1st 2011.

Prize Pool

—— Jeans – 3 Pairs of jeans to giveaway

Each of our representative stores will hand pick one winner to win a pair of jeans of your choosing.

- USA: Self Edge (www.selfedge.com)

- Asia: Pronto Denim (www.prontodenim.com)

- Europe: Cultizm (www.cultizm.com)

—— For the top ranking jeans, credit to spend on a leading online denim store

- Top Rated: US$300

- 2nd Place: US$250

- 3rd Place: US$200

- 4th Place: US$150

- 5th Place: US$100

Feel free to leave any questions, comments or feedback!

Thanks!

so this contest is about posting a pair that has already been worn - not documenting current evolution, right ?

That's correct - this competition is about uploading pairs that have already been worn. We'd like it to be as easy as possible for everyone to enter.

Definitely looking at documenting evolution of jeans for future competitions - would especially be great to document the fading progress of our winner's jeans.

—— Jeans – 3 Pairs of jeans to giveaway

Each of our representative stores will hand pick one winner to win a pair of jeans of your choosing.

- USA: Self Edge (www.selfedge.com)

- Asia: Pronto Denim (www.prontodenim.com)

- Europe: Cultizm (www.cultizm.com)

so does like self edge pick an american contestant, pronto an asian contestant, and cultizm a europeon contestant?

Thanks for the comment on the website guys! We put a lot of work into it to try to make it the best and slickest gallery out there.

how do you guys monitor for cheating like contrast and color enhancements?

All of us here taking care of Hall of Fade are graphic designers so we do the best we can to detect them. Most of the pictures so far are pretty high resolution so it's easy to scan them.

If there's any entry that is too small or obscure, we'd send an email to the owner of the pair to ask for a better photo.

To add to that, the voting power is given to the users, so we'll have many pairs of eyes looking over the pictures.

I'm sure contestants are going to do the best they can to thoroughly analyze their competitors work as well :)

Michael Hall, I like your new website. When did you drop the Anthony? Can you send me a signed copy of the Sixteen Candles DVD?

I'm more of a Michael C. Hall/Dexter kind of guy.

Is it possible to upload not just one pair of jeans?

You can upload as many jeans as you want. (As long as they're yours & verified)

that's probably the best solution, nothing escapes the judgment of some here, heh heh

Definitely. The contestants are going to scrutinize the **** out of each other.

A superb idea to collect the best faded and heavy worn out raw denim stuff on the net.

The Jeansmuseum is doing exactly the same but in reality.

The Jeansmusuem wants to rescue as many as possible of the real roughest raw denim rags from the garbage bin to preserve them forever in reality for the next generations not on the virtuel net only.

Congrats for this great thread.

I'll check out if I can post my current Denime project on this Hall of Fade too.