Evisu #2000 shrinkage

jubei

Not that I'm going to be buying them anytime soon, but I am totally puzzled by the sizing on Evisu 2000's. They appear to be based off of the Levi's 66 cut, which is pretty straight, but the pre-wash measurements on them are crazy huge! A size 30 usually measures out to be like 80 cm ( or 31.5 inches) in the #2 Sanforized Denim... they can't be accounting for that much shrinkage in something that's sanforized, can they?

Some pics to illustrate the confusion:

Raw, sanforized 2000's ( fit model is 168cm tall, wieghs 52kg, wearing a size 30):

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119788/142716/

Washed, worn and nicely fitting unsanforized 2000's (175cm tall, 55kg, size 31):

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/474479/528935/

yeah, I just ran it through the google translator myself... that makes more sense. Personally, I really like how evisu looks when it's all worn down and everything... but the giant balloon ass when they're raw is pretty unappealing. Does anybody know if it settles down much?

good to know... thanks so much for your help! btw, I'm loving the new blog. Each of your entries always has something extremely informative for the aspiring denim head.

In light of this new info, my denim wishlist now looks something like ( in order of increasing price):

Eternal 846

SC 66

Eternal 811

SD 103

Evisu 2000 #2

Samurai S5000VX

Any opinions on Levi's 66 cuts?

Quote:

Any opinions on Levi's 66 cuts?

I like them, but the rise is a little high for my taste. What size are you? I might sell my Eternal 811, size 34.

I really like the SD-103. Perfect rise, and although it's not super-skinny, it's still a nice slim cut.

I think I'm out of luck there... I'm a size 30 normally, so I was looking for around a 30-31 for the Eternals.

It's funny though. I was so set on getting a 47 repro just because everybody reveres it as "THE" cut for jeans... but then I remembered that I'm pretty skinny and have no butt, so now I'm leaning towards the straighter slim cuts. Also, after browsing through so many rakuten stores, I realized that the price for the Evisu 2000 #2's is actually not all that unreasonable (S5000VX's are more expensive, it turns out)

yeah, if you end up with the Eternals I would end up with the 30, or the 31. DEfinitely do not size down. They are sized very small.

Those Evisus look great, although they have a relatively high rise.

Imperial Dukes would be perfect for you, although they're nearly impossible to get your hands on.

• 3 months later...

I thnk the 2000 is a more regular fit compared to the silimmer 2001

I got some sz28 0101s no.1s and they were likea 34-36 to start off with. after a soak they shrunk like hell down to about 31 and even more after a minor wash.

So they'll shrink quite a bit, if you still wanna try it a raw as possible, try just soaking part of it

• 2 weeks later...

if you are a 30 waist you may want to go with the 31 in the eternals. I'm a 31 waist and have the 32 in the 811, and it definitely is a perfect waist fit, and has stretched to perfection now. I don't need a belt yet and since these are one wash anyway, it's quite possible i won't ever. awesome cut though, you won't be dissapointed.

whats the difference between these two cuts?

I ran those two pages thru google translator a while back and it seems that the first one you posted was from an older production run of the 2000s (if you look at the gull, the gull on the first has a pretty sharp point in the middle, whereas the second is a much softer curve.) I'm guessing that Evisu is doing this to differentiate their gulls even more from the Levi's arc.

And as far as jeans that I'm thinking of buying... I've pretty thrown out that whole list I posted two months ago, hahahah. After trying a whole bunch of jeans at BiG and reflecting on what I like about all of them, I'm now looking at buying a pair of Warehouse Duckdiggers. I think that the Evisu 2000's are still going to be lurking around on my wishlist, but the next time I want to buy a Levi's repro, it's prob gonna be either the S5000VX or the 811.

ah...i didnt make myself clear.hahaha. i know that the gulls and the models are different but i was more curious as the cut wise. i take it that the 2001 is more of a 501xx and the 2000 is more of a 47? anyone? im leaning more towards the 2000 as it looks like a slimmer cut but im hoping that its not as slim as a pair of NS. as for my list..a pair of evisu has been on it but always been skipped.

• 1 month later...