Superswap v5

tac0tron

Absolutely against "og only" or any limited swaps. There are some "og's" that are still pretty shitty at doing the swap. Joining the swap doesn't guarantee that you will get something, but in turn joining it better guarantee you send out something, OG or not.

There need to be better rules around the swap - how much to spend, limits on when you send by, and actual repercussions from not going in. i like the idea of a 'qualifying' swap where you send a small package to people as a sign you are in.. but at a minimum we should (and i'm sure you are doing this) limit entry if you dropped the ball in some way.

I've never 100% understood why rep exists outside of the supermarket, it seems like that is where your rep would be a motivating factor for someone to decide to interact with you or not. If someone's blacklisted from all future swaps I don't think we need to run train necessarily but I think it should be dutifully noted that this person abused the system ie. someone in the marketplace can see that you received a package with a list of items that you basically scammed so they can think twice before dealing with you (especially if those are the items you're selling!)

I'm sure that this could be a point that has been raised before, and if so could someone link to that discussion? Thanks

first we need to impose a tax to fund the formation of the committee, I was thinking we'd create a virtual ballotbox where registered members could vote and then we could schedule a series of debates to find out each potential member's perception of the qualifications expected in future participants. I know opinions vary wildly, so we should start by electing a non-partisan board to oversee the formation of the regulatory committee, which could potentially be funded with a bond financed by past-swapees.

A lot of good suggestions over the last few pages.

I think the organisers should:

i) consider each of these suggestions on their own merits,

ii) allow all potential swappers to nominate themselves, and then

iii) reserve the right to veto any individual from participating if there are good (but not necessarily disclosed to the board or participant) reasons for doing so. These might include infrequent activity, poor past packages, etc... Any unpleasantries can be avoided by simply announcing participants at a later date (rather than progressively) and informing undesirable participants that the swap is now full.

The libertarian in me is revolting at such a fascist idea but, hey, it's just a superswap not a nation.

Thoughts?

first we need to impose a tax to fund the formation of the committee, I was thinking we'd create a virtual ballotbox where registered members could vote and then we could schedule a series of debates to find out each potential member's perception of the qualifications expected in future participants. I know opinions vary wildly, so we should start by electing a non-partisan board to oversee the formation of the regulatory committee, which could potentially be funded with a bond financed by past-swapees.

I think instead of one bond, we should fund multiple bonds, chop them up into tranches based on the funding users' rep levels, then repackage tranches from the various bonds into SSBBS (sufu swap bond backed securities). We can then sell these securities to various investors and should be able to pick up some profit in the spread. Then we can divide the profits amongst swap participants. How about it?

I don't think the next swap is complicated enough just yet but I think we're at least making progress.

When did this shit get so complicated?

When fucking morons/asshats forgot how to enthusiastically participate in a simple and generous demonstration of community spirit.

It's really not that complicated at all. Let's not get all hyperbolic with the sarcasm. Just let sam and taco handle it however they want.

I think the organisers should:

i) consider each of these suggestions on their own merits,

ii) allow all potential swappers to nominate themselves, and then

iii) reserve the right to veto any individual from participating if there are good (but not necessarily disclosed to the board or participant) reasons for doing so. These might include infrequent activity, poor past packages, etc... Any unpleasantries can be avoided by simply announcing participants at a later date (rather than progressively) and informing undesirable participants that the swap is now full.

--

I like this idea... and as I said, I'm definitely interested in participating. will understand if I get rejected though :P

def got you bb. here is my swapv6 list for people who need reminders when the next one comes about.

NatseOklim

mapclub

Baeyer-Drewson

wahwho11

ejm285

ADH92

xewo

ranonranonarat

doctor_doom

syed

bfan

Yo.

What we need is a super secret sufu subforum that only certain members have access to and set up a swap through that. (8)

Isn't that called SZ?

I've been unfortunately absent from this thread for a while because of my limited access to internet these days (currently sitting at a bookstore right now), making only a few comments here and there for what I have time for, and absorbing all of the feedback people are giving. Once I get a permanent internet set up which should be sometime this week, I will begin to organize things for the Super Care Packages, something that is long overdue and I apologize for it.

k fuck it im just gonna bitch this post.

it really sucks when you drop a lot of time and money and get shit from different countries and put together a decent package and the guy doesn't even post a fucking picture. the least you can do in a superswap is at least say thanks for the package. it really feels like a complete waste of time/money/effort and it's a little upsetting that the recipient doesn't even acknowledge it.

that being said i'm still participating in next swap but i feel like everyone needs to remember you're receiving a personalized package from someone you've never even met before. if you haven't posted a picture of your package yet then i urge you to show some gratitude and do it =)

(edit: since ppl askin i sent snacks from hk/macau/toronto, tanner coaster, hollows bracelet, nsw packable windbreaker, undercover postcard + burger logo shopping bag from uc HK, supreme hell & back again beanie, some other various shit.)

Wow bryan. That sounds like a fucking awesome package you sent! Seriously so fucked up that people are not posting pics of what they got.

Oh, and I've sent out pm's to those who should be getting supercare packages. If you were supposed to get one too (you didn't receive a package), please pm me!

I got a non-photo taking partner too but here's most of what I sent...

1 CDG Shirt, 1 Free Boosie Beanie, 2 Medicom Bearbrick blind boxes, 1 container of Cocoa Dusted Almonds, 10 EYLTH stickers, 1 Nintendo Duck Hunt gun, 1 beer poncho, 1 bag of shredded money and other various items I cant remember.

Please post pics bros...even if they're on your shitty camera phone, its better than NOTHING. :(