what got you to premium denim??

As for me, my friend cw started telling me about these "selvage" denims, then directed my to SF about a year ago. Then I found "the article", too.

I'm in an industry where I can wear my jeans everyday. And since I almost never spend any money on suits, I figured I can reasonably spend good money on good denim. At least, that's my logic/excuse.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am into vintage flight jackets - A-2's, M-422A's, early nylon jackets - and they all look much better with some selvege denim. There's a cross pollination of jacket nerds and denim heads. A jacket nerd friend of mine got me hooked on LVC's and then I found this site. The rest (and my bank account balance), is history.

-Jake

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.

-Albert Einstein

Quote:

I am into vintage flight jackets - A-2's, M-422A's, early nylon jackets - and they all look much better with some selvege denim. There's a cross pollination of jacket nerds and denim heads. A jacket nerd friend of mine got me hooked on LVC's and then I found this site. The rest (and my bank account balance), is history.

-Jake

--- Original message by jake431 on Jun 6, 2006 09:36 AM

that's true about the repro/vintage jacket freaks and denimheads----------and they share a love of chuck taylors.

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Quote:
Quote:

-Jake

--- Original message by jake431 on Jun 6, 2006 09:36 AM

that's true about the repro/vintage jacket freaks and denimheads----------and they share a love of chuck taylors.

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on Jun 6, 2006 11:54 AM

Too true. My buddy Allen, he posts here - he's got a nice pair of reissue chucks that go well with various LVC jeans, and flight jackets. I'm looking into a pair of PF Flyers for the fall, myself.

-Jake

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.

-Albert Einstein

its all part of the natural balance, the yin and yang of superfuture. there would be no premium denim without trash, and no trash without denim. they need each other, and we need them both. otherwise this would be a nerdy honestforum.

shit...

Ah yes, Honestforum. Perfect for your daily dose of "Real or Fake?" "OMG!!! Have you seen the new 7FAM Apockets?!?!?! ITs like an A pocket but its mesh!!!! *****piiiiiissssssss****" and "Those but fucking ugly jeans look so great on you! I need a pair!!!"

Oh, and that was great stuff with the brown-bagger grilfriend on there, cheapmofo.

I have always been a t-shirt and jeans type of guy. I got into rockabilly about 8 years ago (when I was in highschool) and always liked dark denim. I mainly wore levis STF with some cuffs. My cousin saw a pair of 47 levis somewhere and bought them for me as a present. I wore them damn things and never washed them. I didn't even know how much they cost or even that they were 47 levis, until I stumbled upon some 47 levis a little over a year ago on ebay, and noticed the similarities. Yellow back pocket stitching, hidden rivets, etc. Up until then I had only worn simple old STFs. I never washed the jeans because I liked the look of dark denim. When I finally bought those 47 levis I did a google on "47 levis" and styleforum and superfuture came up on the top of the list. Since then it has been all downhill.

Hrm... I lost a bunch of weight, got a nice job, and decided that I wanted to work on my look. So I probably googled a bit and ended up on the other SF. I started probably 2 years ago, picking up random Loomstate, Diesel, and PDC at Nordstroms Rack. Started with dry denim about a year ago (RRDS, half off!!)

I used to sport random jeans I'd find at Marshalls or Ross, those were the days... heh.

So yeah... very much a newb, learning new things here every day.

I remember back in college, I didn't have money to have many jeans and I was just rocking a single pair of Levi's 501.

I was not educated (in the same manner as we are right now at SF) in the no wash for a long time "policy" but I was doing it already out of necessity. I was getting nice fades and I just love how I was distressing them because of my wearing habits.

Fast forward 14 years after, the ball game has changed and superfuture just put a whole new dimension in jean culture (at least for me).

all i ever used to wear were shorts, so a friend of mine from here convinced me to buy some $90 lucky's. foot in the door'ed me to get diesels. led me to honestforum, which led me to styleforum. said friend then got nudies, led me to here, picked up a pair and a year later, here i am.

Quote:

Hrm... I lost a bunch of weight, got a nice job, and decided that I wanted to work on my look. So I probably googled a bit and ended up on the other SF. I started probably 2 years ago, picking up random Loomstate, Diesel, and PDC at Nordstroms Rack. Started with dry denim about a year ago (RRDS, half off!!)

I used to sport random jeans I'd find at Marshalls or Ross, those were the days... heh.

So yeah... very much a newb, learning new things here every day.

--- Original message by PG2G on Jun 6, 2006 06:41 PM

ok, off topic, how did you loose weight, i'm having hard time.

Well, when I was in college I used to eat pretty bad (we all know how that goes...). I actually signed up on ediets for about a month just to look at a bunch of the information and get my habits down, then it was just a matter of watching what I ate. I think I tried to keep between 500-600 calories per meal and would end up losing between 1 and 2 pounds per week. They had whatever software to take a look at where you are, your goals, and suggest a daily plan for you (including a bunch of possible food options, even fast food :P) that matched whatever constraints you had for the meal.

I also went jogging every night, for a good 1.5 to 2 miles.

Quote:

I remember back in college, I didn't have money to have many jeans and I was just rocking a single pair of Levi's 501.

I was not educated (in the same manner as we are right now at SF) in the no wash for a long time "policy" but I was doing it already out of necessity. I was getting nice fades and I just love how I was distressing them because of my wearing habits.

Fast forward 14 years after, the ball game has changed and superfuture just put a whole new dimension in jean culture (at least for me).

--- Original message by john11f on Jun 6, 2006 08:09 PM

yeah, in college i had those LEVIS HARD DENIM or whatever (this is 97???) and i didn't wash those b/c it was a pain in the ass getting to the laundromat. i utterly annihilated those jeans, wish i'd kept them. i've always gravitated to darker jeans anyway-----i guess rockabilly/hardcore cross-pollination had something to do with that.

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.