Very boring question about Baggy Bjorn shrinkage

Yeah I did search!

Nudie website says "only a little shrinkage"

Have also heard all Nudies are sanforized, but as we know what 'sanforized' means is a very contentious issue itself!

I really want to buy a Baggy Bjorn in 36 x 36 in dry or dry selvedge.

If they are washed at normail temperature, like 40, are going to be by my knees, because there is no point in buying them if so. Yeah I can accept like 1cm shrinkage or something, but not significant shrinking

(By the way, would plain Dry shrink less / more than Dry selvedge?)

anyone who owns and could advise I'll be v. greatfull

cheers

Please click my website for some cool stuff for sale

Various brand new Edwins and new footwear UK 11 / US 12. Updated regularly.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/j-edwards/superfuture.htm

i have a pair of baggy bjorns that i'm 2 months into wearin in. i haven't washed them at all so i can't really answer the shrinkage question. i have the dry orange selvedge ones, i don't think there any other models of the dry ones other than that. if you're concerned about sizing, i think you should keep in mind that they come much bigger than the size listed. i usually wear a 30 or so on my hips. i bought these at 28" and if i measure them now they've stretched out to 32". so maybe some shinkage would be a good thing. but my guess is that they'd just stretch out again over time. i love my baggy bjorns tho. the denim is great and i love the straight leg fit. they're really not as baggy as they say they are. the jeans also came with a neat denim bag and a tiny denim repair kit.

thanks for your reply and the info.

Hmmm. I am not sure whether to get a 34 waist then.

My true waist size is probably between 34 and 36, but I always buy 36 because I dont like ANY tightness at all around the waist, or even the feeling of the waistband!

hey dude, my waist size is 36. i wear a 36 canes, 36 duke, 33 rescue.

i have a pair of w33 bjorns and they fit great. they seriously were like 35 or 36 inches when i got them. the 36's would be insanely huge. you'd be OK with a 33 or 34.

they'll shrink about 3 to 5 percent. they'll stretch back out though. don't worry about shrinkage in the waist, it'd only be 2 centimeters max and would stretch back out within a couple hours of wearing them again.

My only concern is that what people on Superfuture describe as 'norma' fitting, I would describe as very slim looking.

For example, this seems to stick out especially when I see people in photos of APC and Cheap Mondays etc and SF members say to size DOWN, when I would desperately wanting to be sizing up if I were them, if only so my balls can breath.

i agree with you. people would say my jeans fit poorly because i like to wear them a little loose. the trend of super tight pants will die down like bootcuts have.

my sugarcanes fit me normal and they are a little loose. it is what regular people would consider normal so you can trust my judgement.

well everyone has a different style, but i do notice that the SFers like their stuff really slim fitting. to each their own. i kinda like my stuff to be loose but not too baggy. if this helps, here's a pic of my BB when i first bought them and soaked them. like i said, i bought the 28 x 32 and they fit on my hips like my 30 x 32 RRDS. so don't trust the sizing on the BBs. and even though they've stretched out to about 32 at the waist, it still fits fine on my waist. so a bit of shrinkage would prolly be good. so definitely size down.

DSC04713.jpg

Here's another question regarding the sizing of Nudies. Do fits such as the Straight Sven tend to run larger also, or is this usally just seen in the Baggy Bjorn?

What exactly is "HYPE"?

Just to add

Same dilema as you sneakeraddict, lied my jeans oversized and what SF'ers considerd to be regular fitting, i considered to be a bit too fitted.

Usually buy 32" when i buy a loose cut, but was too scared to go down to 30" for fear of them being ball breakers. So compromised and settled on 31" from zoovillage just before they stopped shipping to the UK.

Wish i had gone for 30". definitelt 3" bigger them tag. Slightly too loose in that i have a slightly pointy arse and definitely need a belt to keep them up. Hopefully they will calm down a bit after wear and wash like a few other selvege pieces i have.

Oh, and they really aren't baggy. Loose straight would be a better term. Bagginess comes from oversized and lower pockets. Really nice left hand denim, fades relatively quickly, the denim bag and kit a bit superfluous.

p.s Dont think anyone has mentioned this, but if you go to the zoovillage site, they give true measured size next to tag size in a grid in the bottom corner to help with sizing.

Hope this helps.

alitarbegshe, cheers for your input!! This is when SuperFuture is at its best and you really get a definitve answer!

I thought I was the only one who was looking at all these photos and thinking how slim the jeans looked, while everyone else was saying they were too loose or 'normal'.

Each to their own as has been said about that issue anyway

captain - i have the SS also. the 34 in SS is way tighter than the 33 BB. The SS sizing is nowhere close to the BB sizing. I imagine a 36 SS might be as big as the 33 BB. prob. close to the same but the BB has much bigger thighs/waist area than the SS so a 33 would feel baggier.

nope, my waist/hips are the same size. no big gut.

i was gonna ask this question and some one did it for me props adict.

i dont wanna have ma shit fall off me when i walk but i dont wanna sigh every time i bend over or stoop down.

here is another question semi related. i was wondering if the way that bb will break in will be slower/diff. than rr or ss b/c of the looser thigh, seat, knees.....etc.

anyone?

DSC04680.JPG

^ the jeans are the dry orange selvedge baggy bjorns. when i bought them they came as stiff as cardboard (as pictured above). i did an overnight soak with mine so i could get them to mold to my body and they would be comfortable to wear, that's why they look like that. once the creases and crinkles have set in, i have been starching them weekly. i really don't have anything to compare these too but my guess is that they do wear a tad slower than say tighter jeans. but what you do in your jeans plays the biggest factor in how the jeans will wear. i'm sure a mountain biker with baggy pants would get more wear then some guy that sits in an office everyday with some slim fitting jeans. that being said, the wear is coming along nicely on my BBs. there are wrinkles in the crotch area and there is a wide honeycombing coming out in the back. i'm not a super outdoors guy, so it'll probably be a while before they really wear in. but i love the dark indigo, they fit great, and they feel very comfortable... so i have no prob wearin them everyday.

Edited by Landy on Jun 6, 2006 at 08:29 AM

• 5 weeks later...

Mine came this week and I was quite delighted.

They are not at all baggy in my opinion, so I think that is a misnomer to be honest.

They are relaxed, but certainly not baggy.

That said, I took everyone's advice on here and ordered a 34 waist instead of 36 and that was good advice.