Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

They look good, but'll be much better after a good soak or two I'd say...

What are your thoughts on the fabric Rapunzel? And how does it compare to other raw's you've owned?

yup. maybe tomorrow i will soak them. and ope i can button them all in a month or so...

My 1st thought about it was this is my heaviest (17oz) and slubbiest jeans i ever own and would easily be my fav...although i own a few japanese denim, this RC would be somewhere near them i say ( construction and fabric wise) and i read some people say that there was a minor flaw on this jeans ( thread runoff) but i seeing it as a handmade detail...im so please with the quality and the orice

I bought some pair for friends and i ask them how about do they have a ladies line? 1st they say it all sold out....but suddenly a few weeks later they call me back and offering this only pair which is my size...about the fabric i dont really know about it , ill better ask them later

Seems like everyone has great experiences with Red Cloud, well, I don't.

I placed an order via ranonranonarat, which went very smooth by the way (thanks Ranon), but Taobao delivered the wrong pair. I ordered a R424XX with yellow arcs, but he got the one with the red arcs.

No problem, you would say, just return it and order a new one. But they don't even refund the shipping costs?! Hello, you made the mistake, and Ranon needs to pay for returning it? Seems like the world turned upside down to me...

Conclusion: The service just sucks ass!

@ranon

u bought R424xx? Would you mind posting the pre and post hot-soak measurement? Thanks :)

Cos I'm thinking of getting one, and many says the waist will shrink up to 2"

i have a pair of R424XX (Red Arcs) in a size 30 but I haven't got around to trying it on nor soaking them yet. been swamped with work but I can get you some measurements if you want tomorrow morning. from what i've read, they dont shrink down that much. only about 1.5 inches in the waist at max though...

Just a little update on my 436. Been v happy with the jeans, really worth every cent, if you asked me..denim is v close to cones now. A notch or two higher than nudie, apc considering the price.

bbfb8275.jpg

Had done some minor alternation for my thighs, and .5" for leg opening. Major Leg twisting occur on the left, but it's not bothering me.

Chainstitch has been removed but will be reinstated when time permits (with our first local union special)

Sorry to hear about those taobao troubles. Welcome to China I'd say. It's great that you were able to unload them Ranon... they look like nice jeans.

J

Major Leg twisting occur on the left, but it's not bothering me.

Chainstitch has been removed but will be reinstated when time permits (with our first local union special)

That's interesting because I have minimal twist on the left leg of my 403's but MAJOR twist on the S400's. The outseam is in the middle of my leg! :)

My s400's are on their way to the Netherlands. Can't wait to retire my APC's. :P

How hot did you soak them, for them to have such a twist?

As hot as the water out of the tap would go! :)

I "washed" my 403's today - had to get the summer sweat-stink out of them! By wash I mean I soaked them in hot water in the washing machine for an hour, let the washing machine agitate for 10 seconds, then changed the water and agitated some more. One they stopped dripping I put them on and did some squats to get the creases started, then hung them up.

Hopefully this minimal wash technique will clean them without disturbing the creases that are setting in. I'll hang them for 2 days then wash the S400's.

hey i have no idea because i havent done the soak on them yet...

I don't know how you can be so patient!! When I get new jeans the fist they get is a soak!! :)

Can't wait for Pics Gregor

The 'wash' hasn't really brought out any fading - very minimal indigo loss... I'll post the monthly pics of both pairs post-wash at the end of this month, at which time they'll both be one month worn.