Red Cloud & Co. jeans

Hsin

I collected my 436 from Ranon ytd, it is beautiful. I could provide pictures of it but I don't think I can post up any fit pic because they are really oversize on me. I was complacent, didn't really check out the chart thorough enough... I blame my thin build.

But anyway, had given them a hot soak, yet to try them on... Craftmanship is parallel to of roy. Just like what Ranon & gregornz has described (pages back), every single detail and design has been accounted for.

Pics will be up when I'm home later on. the denim looks alot like apc ps, at its raw state its quite pliable, doesn't really look like 13.7 oz. But right now (air drying) it looks a lot tougher than before, not so skin friendly. Very much like my roys. Very cone-like denim.

As much as I would like to talk about the denim, let's not forget about the workshirts they are offering. They are superb. I wouldn't say the material quality is near sugarcane make. But they are real good for the price that I am paying for. Nothing like flathead, ih price but comparable. And somewhat looks special & different.

Ps: pics will be up when I'm home!

please pardon the bad pictures,

here's the workshirt i got for myself: pre-wash

13082011064.jpg

13082011066.jpg

the collar of the shirt is something new compare to those chambray we've seen around.

13082011067.jpg

i must say the shirt is awesome, if you are looking for a short sleeve workshirt but dont want to drop so much cash on fh, sc, this is an option.

so here's the oversized 436 fit.....

13082011046.jpg

13082011049.jpg

13082011048.jpg

it is a bit loose on the waist, but fits nicely on my hips. but due to the back rise is rather long/large, i have to wear it on my waist (so i made use of the cinchback)

overall this fit is something different, because it is modeled from levi's 1936, i wasnt expecting anything slim, this is by-far the most baggy jeans that ive owned. if i coupled it with a long red moon wallet, i would easily look like some japanese gangster (as seen in CROWS).

i dont know if i'm gotta wear it often or if i will have to turn them into a short. I suggest anyone who wants a piece of RC to try out R400, S400, unless you want something different. They look fabulous on the blog and tabao..

apologies.... due to the bad weather this afternoon, i couldnt use the time to do some macros on the denim and hardware, but its more or less like what ranon had mentioned and taken with his camera..

nice! i like that shirt and wonder how much it will shrink with a wash. but they look great on you already! the thing i like about this shirt is the top button which reminds me of a KTH shirt that i like and also the round-styled collar and round overlapping bottoms. haven't seen like this in the market before. the wabash shirt (the striped one that you didn't pick up) is great as well, just that the material is a bit too thick for me in this weather.

to be honest, the fit of the jeans doesn't look that bad at all! in fact i find it quite nice and looks like a nice relaxed fit! i like how they look on you actually, very much like how a 1936 should fit. keep them and wear them i say.. but the onus is on you, if you want, sell them. dont cut them to shorts! i still think they look good on you though..

Yeah, I second that call about the jeans!

From what I can see from the one pic, they look really good! I'm really liking the cut and shape around the arse - they have a quite distinctive yoke with a V that really deepens sharply at the centre - and it looks great with the pockets on a slight angle upwards because of that yoke. Wherever they are sitting on your waist, they look spot on to me, as long as that doesn't bring them too high up in the crotch, I'd say they are a very good fit! How much to loose are they in the waistband? It must be nice to have some jeans where you can get your hands in the pockets! LOL

I don't think they look too baggy at all. I'd say that you are so used to skinny jeans that anything more than skin tight feels like your swimming in them, right? ;) I hope you can post up some pics from other angles, I'm keen to see the all over fit. I think they look great so far! The denim is quite unsettled though, isn't it? Are they pictured pre-soak or post-soak? I haven't had any experience with that weight of redcloud denim, who knows, they may have some good shrinkage in them!

Shirt looks cool too, keen to see that after a wash!

Edit: More pictures just showed up for me; the jeans are quite roomy through the crotch and thigh aren't they? And why is the denim so creased? Did you roll it into a ball or something?

@Ranon hey! thanks for the rep and your advices!

the shirt is really something new, very round hem and good collar. this made me feel like getting the wabash shirt that the others copped!

13082011047.jpg

The jeans is ok. but i know if i grab a size 30 (or even 29) it will be a great fit. yes im wearing a very relaxed fit, and right now, i agree i shouldnt be selling them away or cut them into shorts, so as to pay respect to the RC maker, i guess i'll just deal with the 1936 and rock something different.

@gregornz

Hey gregornz! i always mistook you as grenson, makes me feel like buying grenson whenever i talk to you! haha.

the pics look ok because i intentionally posed in a way that it should look good. here's a pic that looks a bit off. and you can see where it is sitting in my waist. those pics are after a hot tapped soak, im considering another soak for an hour...

13082011038.jpg

imo, 1936s are supposed to look like this, workwear-baggy and comfortable. big big on the thighs and tapered leg opening for boots. very nice. i dont know if i can ever pull this off, but i'll try!

ya i can easily put my hand in the pockets, your 403 doesnt allow you to do that?

the thing about the jeans i buy now - they all have to be at least 9.6" in the front rise. I dont like skinny jeans (though i own a pair of a77 dischord) but i do appreciate slim jeans which suits my build. leg opening 8" will be perfect. i dont know if you guys care much about the leg opening or the rise but i must say the rise of the jeans will really depend on how comfort your jeans will be, thighs are of paramount important as well. so right now, at least i have a very comfortable jeans which is based on a 1936. i'll appreciate it guys. i'll throw in a few fit pics whenever i can.

ya, it was post soak, it looks creasy because i threw it into a pail for a soak, not laid flat in a bath tub. yes its quite roomy in the thigh.

@jigsaw

hey 'John'... i'm 180cm/64kg, that shirt was pre-wash/soak. i ordered from tabao thru ranon a size S. but the tag as shown, 14 1/2, i dont understand but it fits very well on me. here are some pics.

14082011001-1.jpg

14082011004-1.jpg

14082011006-1.jpg

14082011029.jpg

i blame my poor room lighting... the color's fine. just the sunlight coming in.

14082011027.jpg

no chainstitch / run-off on this workshirt, because it is not needed. not like a denim shirt.

i wonder if people notice that already - that the tag is upside down... be it a sample or a prototype, the quality/threading of this shirt is fine. i still think its worth what i am paying for..

more pics...

14082011016.jpg

the belt loop is 'rised', i can feel a rope inside the loop. just cant see it in here...

14082011015.jpg

crotch rivet.

14082011020.jpg

14082011009.jpg

14082011022.jpg

14082011013.jpg

14082011011.jpg

14082011026.jpg

14082011023.jpg

some union special goodness... very mild, light pink selvedge.

and lastly a bonus pic, something to hold my keys and long enough to drop it in my pockets:

14082011008-1.jpg

the pictures of the shirt is great, they are very true to the real colour of the shirt. the upside down tag should be an easy fix at the tailor if you are concerned about such details but it probably wouldn't matter to me. it is a great shirt anyway! so far, everyone who has paid, has collected their items except those no located in singapore. but they have been mailed out on friday, so it should take a while to reach.. cheers!

Hey Gnob, thanks for posting more pics!

I'm really interested in these jeans. They have a real 'work-wear' look to them, don't they? I've never seen anything like it before.

It's hard to tell what the fit is like - how many sizes too big do you think they are? They almost look like they are made to be that much too big.

What are your thoughts about the denim?

yeah gregornz, they are made to be this big. for the waist i am seeing a size bigger than what i usually wear, and because of the cinchback, i thought maybe up size is fine, but damn, i regretted doing so. yeah, i figure i'll give them some wear sometime next week.

the denim's fine, they are really very close to roy's cone.. really close.

Just maybe not as thick but more pliable. just a little thicker than apc but much more slubby. definitely breathable.

How are those 403's post soak akiyama?

my apologies, I was rather busy so the jeans is not soaked yet. I only oiled the leather patch but both the shirts are soaked but still on the hanger. The S-010 is a stiff shirt now.

Will soak the 403 later and hopefully it will be dry by tomorrow.

S-011 with R403 (Post-soak)

photo1-12-1.jpg

photo2-13.jpg

S-010 with R403 (Post-soak)

photo1-11-1.jpg

photo2-12.jpg

Pre-soak measurement.

Waist: 41.5cm

In seam: 85cm

Hem: 20.5cm

front rise: 29cm

back rise: 35

Upper thigh: 28cm

Knee: 22cm

Post soak measurements

Waist: 39.5cm

In seam: 82cm

Hem: 20cm

front rise: 28cm

back rise: 34.5cm

Upper thigh: 27.5cm

Knee: 21cm

@easy_hk fit pics?

@akiyama Great 403 fit post soak!

@andreyyy I sized down one and got a nice fit in the legs and waist, but there isn't much room for my 12 incher in the lap - they are quite tight in the lap. Also notice that the inseam jumps about 6cm from the 31 to 32...

for r400, should i go for true size or down size 1? im afraid if im true size is too loose, thx anyway, sorry bad english :)

I will say TTS

@easy_hk fit pics?

@akiyama Great 403 fit post soak!

@andreyyy I sized down one and got a nice fit in the legs and waist, but there isn't much room for my 12 incher in the lap - they are quite tight in the lap. Also notice that the inseam jumps about 6cm from the 31 to 32...

hope have some sun this weekednd :D

I just wanted to post an update... it's been about week with each pair of jeans for me so far. There isn't much to post in concrete terms, but I wanted to say how great I am finding both pairs.

The denim is really top notch. It's very hard to put into words, but I'll try a little. Both pairs have really settled down and are fitting wonderfully. Also both pairs, being heavier weight denim, are really taking on shape and creases. They are also fading surprisingly fast. There is nothing that I can really put in camera, as it is still quite subtle, but there is definite fading happening already - particularly on points of the stacks and where my wallet sits. I'm very suprised with how quickly these fades are coming through. I am still getting very very small amounts of indigo released too - mostly under my nails, or when I wash my hands I can notice a slight blue in the water.

I'm so excited about the two pairs with their different denim - they say the only thing better than an ice cream is two ice creams - and that's true in this case. Working with two pairs at once is a lot of fun! There is such a difference between the two; the 400's are much stiffer then the 403's surprisingly. And it's really great having two different shades to work with, especially because the 400's are classic, and the 403's are just different enough to be different, but still blue jeans. The 403's are such an amazing deep rich blue - it has to be seen in person to be bleieved. The fade that is coming through them is a wonderful electric blue, but quite different from any other jeans I've seen. I'm sure they are going to be amazing in 12 months! I really love the 400's because they are so classic. I think they are going to give a real vintage fade, and because the denim is so strong [i guess because of the blended weft rather than the weight] and also so 'fitting' they are taking on great creases all over the place, for example a nice big one from above the top if honey combs round the leg to the front of the thigh.

I'll post progression pics at the end of next month when they are both a month in - I think you'll be surprised how quickly they are coming along. If some other detail fading comes up between then I'll post a pic of that too.

Cheers

Gregornz