Supreme Sucks

the sad thing is is I do skate. Im not a collector or any of that shit. I buy there shit to skate in and wear, not to resell. I agree with the dunk sb thing, the dunk sb is in my opinion one of the most comfortable shoes to skateboard in. Its too bad that all the skaters I know have to get the cheap regualr dunks to skate in and all the rich collectors buy up all the actual skate dunks. I just think in general, there is no excuse to be that much of a dickhead to anyone in ANY situation, weather your buying a newspaper, renting a movie, or buying limited bullshit in new york city. Fuck rude people, they make this world a shittier place.

IDonTcare

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: ........those 'individuals' who buy up all sb stock

then why is the stock so limited to begin with? isnt it that (rather than the supreme designs) that invite resellers and clueless kids wanting to make a quick buck?

it seems to me that supreme have brought this whole thing onto themselves...

Quote:

what if i buy dunk sbs and i play basketball in them? is that ok?

--- Original message by vinc3 on Jan 26, 2005 11:09 AM

dunk sb stands for skateboarding, if you want to play basketball in them go for it, but why not play basketball in regular dunks (originally basketball shoes).

As for supreme buying into it - you are absolutely right... I was nt trying to defend them, I was merely offering insight into why they do what they do. Sorry if I offended anyone - that was not my intention.

I been to Supreme in Daikanyama Tokyo a couple of times. No service unless u ask for it. Fine with me.

Its like every store in Ura-harajuku copied Supreme NYC's no service attitude. IMO Undercover is the worst - saw the staff loudly commenting that some kid in the changeroom wasn't cool enough to wear the pants he was trying on and hoped he didn't buy em. So I loudly said to my girl in Japanese 'Kono sutoa ga saitei da ne!' or 'This store sucks ass' and left. Funny looks on their faces too.icon_smile.gif

Dudes in Bounty Hunter are so fucking mean, I love it . Suits their style...icon_smile_big.gif

Recon is similar. Neighborhood and BWS are getting better and don't talk down to u as much. Philosophy selling Double Taps is scarily friendly. Must be their new 'Philosophy'.

I wanna go into Supreme NYC wearin 2 box caps, arch logo hoody, box tee, supreme jeans with box stickers all over it, and supreme dunks with 4 SUPREME lace blings on each pair and pick a fight with the staffers. Yellin' "Look at me u fuckin $10 an hour brand whores!", I'd smash em in the face with my deck! icon_smile_big.gif

I put his brains all over the street sos u could see what he was just thinkin

Edited by Troop23 on Jan 26, 2005 at 05:35 PM

yeah ive found that busy work shop is not exclusionary at all. As far as Im concerned all those japanese brands like undercover are the worst. Those dudes in that store prob think theyre the hippest thing around, but most their designs are based in the punk/metal type world and any punk/metal originator would laugh at some japanese dude dressed up in 2000 dollar metal/punk outfit. The Ura-harajuku type style is the most contrived wanna-be type stuff ive seen in a long time. I like double taps and supreme cus there is nice construction n style, but I wouldnt spend anything on some undercover or neighborhood or number nine shit with punk-style patches all over it. That's the antithesis of diy and in my opinion the most un-rock or punk thing ever. they just look like fools to me. No originality or authenticity.

Quote:
Quote:

dunk sb stands for skateboarding, if you want to play basketball in them go for it, but why not play basketball in regular dunks (originally basketball shoes).

As for supreme buying into it - you are absolutely right... I was nt trying to defend them, I was merely offering insight into why they do what they do. Sorry if I offended anyone - that was not my intention.

--- Original message by eldave04 on Jan 26, 2005 02:24 PM

yo, i was being facetious...

but actually the hightop dunk sbs would be way better for hoop than regular dunks cause of the zoom air.

anyway, IMO there really isn't too much wrong with not using an item of clothing for its original intended purpose. SEE: camouflage anything, cargo pants, running shoes, basketball shoes, workboots, northface, track jackets, etc...

"you're not living unless you're wasting time on the internet."

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by eldave04 on Jan 26, 2005 02:24 PM

yo, i was being facetious...

but actually the hightop dunk sbs would be way better for hoop than regular dunks cause of the zoom air.

anyway, IMO there really isn't too much wrong with not using an item of clothing for its original intended purpose. SEE: camouflage anything, cargo pants, running shoes, basketball shoes, workboots, northface, track jackets, etc...

--- Original message by vinc3 on Jan 26, 2005 10:41 PM

The whole point of my original argument was that the supreme dudes are pissed that people are using the sbs from something besides basketball. Again, you are right - I have no problem admitting that there is nothing wrong with using clothing in a manner that is different from its original intended purpose, I was suggesting that the guys that work at supreme do.

My stance on Supreme has evolved over time. When I didn't live in New York, I took the stance that they were jerks. Now that I've been living in New York for a while, my experience there has been no different than any other Soho store.

I highly doubt that they recognize me but I just come and go as I please and pick up a hat/shirt here and there. They even encouraged me to try on some jeans last time I was there. Who knows....all of those stores are filled with seemingly over-priviliged punks who lack any ambition but will one day make it just fine. Don't blame them if they forget to help you...they are just high at work bro!

Quote: The whole point of my original argument was that the supreme dudes are pissed that people are using the sbs from something besides basketball. Again, you are right - I have no problem admitting that there is nothing wrong with using clothing in a manner that is different from its original intended purpose, I was suggesting that the guys that work at supreme do.

alright cool, i guess i misread your original post.

i dont even really care about the whole bad service at supreme thing at all... i was just playing devils advocate.

the one time i've been to supreme nyc it wasn't service with a smile but they weren't out right hostile either. seemed like anyother hip boutique i've been too... sometimes they offer up help and shoot the shit with you sometimes they don't. the dudes at supreme la have mostly been cool when i been there. too me the whole 'anti-service' thing is just part of what's now an artificial mystique.

"you're not living unless you're wasting time on the internet."

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

supreme hates the niketalk look:

portugals26mw.jpg

supreme rides the skate look:

mar_shazer_portrait.jpg

supreme respects the:

august_wil_portrait_big.jpg

apr_ben_portrait.jpg

june_asai-au_portrait_big.jpg

--- Original message by dontcaretoomuchforcrap on Jan 26, 2005 11:35 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAH

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supreme is a great store. The only reason people will get treated like shit is if they walk in acting like their ass is the boss. Skaters Don’t take shit off some dorky ass rich bitch from tokyo trying to buy out the whole store and then sell it for profit.

But on a related note, Nobody waste their time with the LA supreme. The shit is all old stuff and they have the weakest selection. They don’t even let people skate the wooden bowl in the back!

Quote:

Supreme is a great store. The only reason people will get treated like shit is if they walk in acting like their ass is the boss. Skaters Don’t take shit off some dorky ass rich bitch from tokyo trying to buy out the whole store and then sell it for profit.

But on a related note, Nobody waste their time with the LA supreme. The shit is all old stuff and they have the weakest selection. They don’t even let people skate the wooden bowl in the back!

--- Original message by tripleightnigga on Feb 13, 2005 04:16 PM

Tokyo has a supreme you herb. the nyc dudes are just cocky. they pretty much treat everyone like shit or ignore them. there's no reason to sweat the attitude the give. just get your gear and go.

All you guys in the US have fallen into the 'Have a nice day' mentality, you expect people to jump for you as soon as you walk into a store. I'm just back from NY a couple of days ago and everywhere I went was pretty cool.

The only 1 incident I saw was a a guy in Union mouthing off at a customer for picking up a T, he seemed like a total a$$hole.

Everywhere else (DQM / Rivington / Bape / Clientele / Recon / Prohibit etc) people working there were really helpful and were always happy to talk sh1t....not pushing sales or anything.

Supreme has been closed both times I have been been to NY recently because of them changing their seasons lines so cant comment on there in particular, they do seem to be a bit up their own a$$es though closing for 6 weeks etc to get the hype going again so it is Q'd out for re-opening, thumbs up to the guys for creating their own hysteria though.

I used to work in a shop in Glasgow (Scotland, UK) where we sold nothing special G-Star / Diesel etc, I was seen as being ignorant to customers when I worked there because I wasn't interested in making sales / shop profits.

I was there to make my £5 per hour and that was it, I wasn't being an a$$hole because I thought I was any better than anyone else, I'm just not interested in busting my balls to line someone elses pockets !

Supreme clothing is actually pretty affordable in the store. Small changes occur from season to season but Tees and hats are about $30. Jeans are about 100, sweatshirts are between 100 and 150 depending on the weight. Their other shirts (button down, polo, whatever the season calls for) are all under 100.

I agree with the guy that said get your stuff and get out of there. There are way better places to spend your time in NYC than inside Supreme. I get my stuff and leave. Then I don't have to go back for months because they don't change the store very often.

I think the fact that the Supreme NYC store(I haven't been there myself...just basing my opinion on what everyone is saying) has staff that seem to have something stuck up their asses is the fact that it's in NYC...I mean NYC isn't exactly known for having nice and friendly people. Coupled with the fact that people who work in these stores(supreme, union etc.) usually think they're "the shit" just coz they work for these stores and brands and can have some attitude problems, it's natural for them to be on another level in dickdom/douchedom.

as far as the hit or miss good or bad attitude/service, these guys are at work, whenever your at work do you get a little bummed out sometimes? where your thinking "if another customer comes in the door and unfolds a shirt or orders a McChicken i am gonna put my foot in their ass". sympathize, these guys are at WORK. guys that love their job need not reply.

Also if their dicks to you their dicks to you. don't take it personal your not their friends.

Jupafett-

Sorry, but I have to respond to such retarded message

It's fine and all if you know how to Skate, but being an elitist is for talentless pricks with something to prove

It's true you shouldn't loiter at Supreme, the store sucks and most of the employees are too busy hanging out with their friends who don't work there.

Frats are for losers . . . I really shouldn't have to tell you this, and why the fuck should anyone be hazed for walking into a store. It's a store where people buy shit you shouldn't need a membership.

If you got shook you're spending too much time with the children in the store, aint no men at Supreme.

It's true you shouldn't be trying shit on in there, but that's cause it's all garbage not because you shouldn't waste someones time. Really what are they doing in there that's sooo improtant? Like I said STORES ARE PLACES WHERE PEOPLE BUY THINGS.

Aint nobody crying here-Bitch

Yes it's a scene but that scene wouldn't be shit unless more than just people who can do tricks can buy shit. Does anyone remember ther 80's and early 90's where there were'nt that many skate stores and the ones that existed didn't give a fuck who you were so long as you bought something. Money rules the world not attitude. Last question for you Jupaposer- do you work for Supreme? if you don't then why the fuck are you so far up there fudge tunnel. If you wanna talk about a waste of time lets all create lists telling other people about your "scene" and it's rules the scene's over pal if you haven't noticed skateboarders sold out quite a while ago, so stop defending a business with notoriously bad employees and totally worthless merch

He actually does work for a Supreme "brother" company of sorts. All in the family, so yes he knows. look at the profile, figure it out.

My experience at Supreme NY has been if you go in on a regualr basis. buy shit. do your thing and leave they tend to respect that. I've seen dudes get f'd with something serious because they knew they were sending shit overseas or re selling.

Last year when I would roll in there on the regualr I would get a nod, and maybe a pound, they would ask if I wanted to try anything on before I bought it, and they would take care of me. I was at the time a semi-regular customer. I was treated well, it just took some time.

Now if anyone remembers when pookie ran the shop, he's bite your head off if you unfolded a shirt.