Your silhouette is the most important part of looking good...

out of everyone in this thread i agree with doubletap the most

I wear and buy what I like just for my own personal enjoyment, while sometimes i may consider other's opinions on the matter, in the end I have to like the it looks ,feels ,fits, and what it represents.

Personally even things such as tight jeans and flip-flops are associated with emo, and although i like jeans (not tighT) and flip-flops on their own , together i wouldnt want to project that image because im not a fan of the music.

I like to buy clothes that fit well and portray the image I like, but also i like brands who have some sort of image/history/vision of the culture and lifestyle i enjoy...

Of course there are also staples, like Levis jeans, new era caps, white tees, that will NEVER go out of style..

^

you like rock music?

since nudie portrays a rocker style.

what i say is fuck it.

honestly

who cares man like many have stated buy waht you like.

i listen to all kind of music.

who cares what the brand portrays , i wear Edwin, NUDIE i listen to Hiphop

if you like flipflops then go for it.............you already stated u buy for ur own enjoyment so who cares what other people think you like emo music.

looking good is an opinion anyways.

kids like to spend a G on their bape outfit ....................i think they look like a clown but i keep it to myself and move on unless they post on the interent asking for a critique.

others like to drop 4-5 bills on ball crunching diors................not my style again but if they like it then by al lmeans.

so yeah i really dont understand those "fashion gurus" who are they to criticize whats good or not. i mean they can tell you wahts trendy and whats not but not what looks good. i said this becasue i was watching mtv live (canada show_ and thye have htis fashion guru guy saying what looks good and not.............and he dressed like fool himself but HEY thats MY opinion.

and brand names USUALLy do give you better quality, but sometimes people are too caught up.

Edited by tm on Jun 2, 2006 at 01:20 PM

actually I do like rock, and hip-hop mainly.. punk/metal on the rock tip..

ill wear it, but ill try to rock it appropriety, for example i always wear sneakers with jeans..

it was a bad example, but i just hate the emo ashetic... and i dont like really tight jeans, although SF has made me respect it alot more.. Its not that i hate emo as much as i dont like the loook of everything too fitted.

Some of the cats on here can pull of new standards or other tight cuts, but i cant and im fine with that.. at least folks on here dont wear faded tees that show their bellybutton when they stretch

lol and that fashion guru was Josh from over the rainbow, he's a pretty cool dude actually..

i heard hes pretty knowlegable but from the outfit he wore to MTV, just not what i would say a fashion guru is but thats just me. He just looks like another NT-er................im from NT if t hat matters.

and yes i agree with you.........some can pull the NS look and some cant thats why you buy what you like and feel comfortable not what the internet or some fashion guru tell you to.

but yeah my bad homi29, i thought u were a hiphop head from ur NT post.

but none the less what u said contradicts. buying what you like and what something portrays and you dont want to look like it.

i know you hate the emo ashetic, but if you feel the stuff then why not?

but yeah i agree with you 100% a lot of people dress the way they are becasue they belong to a certian culture or style

to me. i just dress whatever.

DOUBLETAP, you have hit the nail, agreed. Lots of people could take your advice man, people talk about the new standards being great but the same pair on two different guys with the same measurements would look totally different cos of how one dude stands, slouches, moves etc

One is never going to be able to wear jeans like the next guy cos one is not that guy, thats why doubletaps so right in that fashion and style is mainly being yourself.

Anyone who has eva returned an item just knows what I mean, looked baggy in the catalogue/website looked tight on, or vice a versa.

And all the talk about if a pair of jeans will look low crotch or how the hem sits around sum dunks is very subjective, fit is such a grey area, style more so....... but i guess thats why its interesting??????

This thread is the most blatantly obvious and purposeless thread we have had in a while......I don't think we would even be on here if we wore clothes that fit like shit......we should start a "some clothes are nice" thread.........and then all you guys can be like "yeah, I guess that's true" and someone else will say "no, fuck that shit! That shit is retarded, I wear what I like! Fuck hype" and then 30 other people will comment..........

icon_smile_evil.gif

Edited by englandmj7 on Jun 2, 2006 at 05:36 PM

AND THEN, someone will eventually post a "duh!" message stating what you stated and they get to feel super special for stating the obvious.

I just wish it was me... but saying "DUH" and just "DUH" seemed too rude.

hehe ddml,

naah it is me on the weekend, i went down to canberra (australia-im from sydney) for the weekend, and that is ontop of the parliment house there..

fun times :)

nice colours in lots of the shots we took but, was a great day!

not sure what the getty is ?

I just tried googling it..

anywoo, here is the parliment house in canberra australia,

I was up there on the left hilll bit, ... before we got kicked off of course ;) hahah

1537652-Parliament_house-Canberra.jpg

Guest Fade to Black

I think there's too much of an emphasis on clothes that have to fit perfectly in order to look "right," whatever that means. Why does everything have to be perfect anyway? Everything nowadays looks so structured, it's boring. I'd much rather applaud someone who's confident wearing something that looks kind of off rather than someone who's wearing something that looks like it fits too well, too proper, having that level of order looks robotic because it lacks imperfection; it doesn't look natural. Like some people mentioned above, it's about flair and how you feel in your clothes anyway. Here in Hong Kong so many kids are wearing expensive clothes but they look so rigid in them.