Ofwgkta...swag Swag!

dunkin deeznuts

OF is not horrorcore.

i think tyler the creator himself said that he hates being pigeonholed into one microgenre.

lol yes

"They always say we make horror-core music, but I hate 
that shit."

"People want to put us in a box, 
but every horror-core rap group I’ve looked 
up sucks."

"Yeah. I looked up two songs and I was like, 
'Yo, this is wack.' I almost cry, man." (on Gravediggaz)

yo did someone really say gravediggaz is wack

Must be some fools who don't even know who Prince Paul is. I don't really listen to much hip-hop these days, but picked up 6 ft deep when it came out and it's definitely a classic album.

Don't understand how these dudes could diss Gravediggaz when the stuff from them posted in this thread isn't anything unique. But maybe I'm an old geezer. I just looked at the release date of 6 ft deep and I was listening to this shit in jr high, not even high school.

fuck and i found out about OFWGKTA from /mu/ like 6 months ago. OF has a lot of bass in most of their songs which i like and the beats are good imo. i was reading up Gravediggaz Diary Of A Madman and yeah it's well put together but it's not for me. and as someone pointed out already, i think tyler's use of supreme gets him special points with others...

anyways,

for lyrical content, i like jay electronica's the announcement. here's a line from that song, "We not illuminati but our eye is on the money". lots of figurative language throughout the song. i would appreciate any recommendations similar to "the announcement".

anyways,

for lyrical content, i like jay electronica's the announcement. here's a line from that song, "We not illuminati but our eye is on the money". lots of figurative language throughout the song. i would appreciate any recommendations similar to "the announcement".

really though, I like Jay Elect, but that's a pretty standard hip-hop line. You could get more money/illuminati lines listening to Jay-Z I guess. Figurative language isn't really enough to make that many recs. Lyrically, if you want more stuff like that just check pretty much any NY rapper. AZ is dope, Jadakiss is more direct, Wu if you want some more colorful language, Camp Lo if you want it even more colorful.

I'm just finding out about a lot of the new breed of NY dudes: Action Bronson, Roc Marciano, Meyhem Lauren, Maffew Ragazino, Shaz Illyork. Marc's album is fucking great and Action's slated to release an album next month. I'd recommend checking those two out atleast.

edit: I just realized that the standard Gravediggaz logo did have that distressing (it was the 90s so of course). I might just cop whatever I see on ebay.

really though, I like Jay Elect, but that's a pretty standard hip-hop line. You could get more money/illuminati lines listening to Jay-Z I guess. Figurative language isn't really enough to make that many recs. Lyrically, if you want more stuff like that just check pretty much any NY rapper. AZ is dope, Jadakiss is more direct, Wu if you want some more colorful language, Camp Lo if you want it even more colorful.

I'm just finding out about a lot of the new breed of NY dudes: Action Bronson, Roc Marciano, Meyhem Lauren, Maffew Ragazino, Shaz Illyork. Marc's album is fucking great and Action's slated to release an album next year. I'd recommend checking those two out atleast.

edit: I just realized that the standard Gravediggaz logo did have that distressing (it was the 90s so of course). I might just cop whatever I see on ebay.

thanks man! i like CYNE's stuff

"Yeah. I looked up two songs and I was like, 
'Yo, this is wack.' I almost cry, man." (on Gravediggaz)

Aight fuck him. He fucking sucks. All the potential I once thought was there is now gone.

Yeah, they're not horrorcore. They couldn't reach Gravediggaz's level if they tried.