Options for Buying Japanese Denim

does anyone know what happens If i place a rakuten order for Samurais now? i really want a pair but i am worried...

Placed an order on Sunday, got them today. Amazing. Incidentally, I got the same pair from somewhere in the States too because I was worried about them coming through, so now I'm selling a pair if anyone is interested...

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=21310

superrag's instructions no longer works, I was helping one of my blog readers with Rakuten and a Google search yielded this link:

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/base/oversea/

it's got English info on how to setup the account and how to checkout... thought might add to this thread... maybe somebody can update the first post...

C-point does ship tthe US.

I and several other have tried Bears before without success. They did not ship outside of Japan as of six month ago.

Samurai can be purchased directly from Samurai's website. They answer email in english and will ship abroad. I dont; know if they take returns or if there is substantial svaings over buying them at BiG.

I have to say, so far my experience with CPOINT is amazing.. I decided to go for the 27 SD-101 and I placed my order earlier today in the morning around 11am.. just got home from work and I have a tracking # already emailed to me EMS saying it was shipped today! Wow.. thats like 8 hour turnaround.. those crazy japs! They also gave me a free discount for no reason.. thx CPOINT. I guess they are just happy that I choice them out of all the other rakuten shops.. they seem to be the only one with full range of sizes of all the SDA stuff

"Shipping Charge from Japan to Canada by EMS

1000~1250g = \2800 →\2400(Discount)

Thank you very much!!"

so if i got the Lee-repro samurais those would go through customs fine?

Yes, I just got some from my 1ST rakuten shop order. They came in a Samurai box, were marked as gift, and the mailman brought them directly to my door. Japanese bikers are the best!

• 2 weeks later...
I just placed an order with 2nd for a pair of Samurai S510xx II 19oz. and a Flat Head shirt. This is my first time ordering direct from Rakuten. *crosses fingers*

I got my S5000VXs from them today. Bummer I had to pay something to customs this time but I didn't have to for the other ones I got earlier this week.

I'm curious, what do you guys do when the stuff doesn't fit right or you don't like the products you recieved?

isn't it not worth the savings to have to bother trying to resell the item?

especially considering the savings on the shirts is somewhere around 10 dollars or so.. maybe not even less after shipping and customs taxes..

supermarket moves fast, and things can easily be resold, especially if currently receiving more attention from the board.

and although it might seem like more jeans are being put on the supermarket everyday, i think in proportion to the number of satisfied buyers it has changed very little. plenty of the sugar canes, imperials, samurais etc worn here have been purchased through 2000db or directly from rakuten.

and the savings can be tremendous.

i think assuming that the consumer has nearly-perfect knowledge of prices and other extenuating factors, if there was no benefit perceived to buying from rakuten then they would naturally stop doing so. the fact that people are still willing to buy means that even after factoring in the risks, there is still some benefit gained.