Raf Simons F/W 11.12 Paris

pita bread

i am starting to like this more and more by the day. i love the boxy neoprene hooded jacket

and the soundtrack (more techno, please. can the chem bros make a special soundtrack for his next collection? or kraftwerk ?)

and the knit tunics (long knit jawnz remind me of the wave test jumpers/dresses)

fuck an appron (nevermind. would be perfect for #cookin)

edit: give me the oversized purple jawn

I have been going back to this collection several times and my opinion is always different. I feel like raf is in a whole different galaxy this time around, and totally ahead of the curve. Compared to everything out there right now, he is one of the only designers who didn't play it safe and it actually paid off. I don't know if this will ever be well received or even sell well for that matter, but damn I want some jackets from this collection.

Fuck, the cotton jacket is on park and bond and it looks pretty different (in a bad way) compared to the one in the fitting and in the lookbook. The one in the fitting and lookbook seems to be composed of neoprene, giving it an almost puffy balenciaga-egg esque look to it, while the one on PandB looks like a basic flat cotton jacket. Not to mention it runs over $1000, huge pass for me unless it has that puffy look in person. Love the color though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That hoody was not featured on the runway. If you look at the hi-res photos here, the "master craftsman" hoody has similar sleeve seams to the "dead prince college" jumper -- the "memory ware collector" seems to be a different cut alltogether, with drop-shoulder seams like the oversized short sleeve tops.

By the way, Barneys has the cropped duffle in sizes 34-40 for $1620.

rafcropduffle.jpg

^i was just thinking they would be like the sweatshirt. don't really care about the cut but the fabric on the hoodies seems lighter and doesn't retain the shape as the one's they use in the runaway. same thing with the cotton jacket. i'm just pretty bummed with my seven pre order.

^i was just thinking they would be like the sweatshirt. don't really care about the cut but the fabric on the hoodies seems lighter and doesn't retain the shape as the one's they use in the runaway. same thing with the cotton jacket. i'm just pretty bummed with my seven pre order.

I hear ya, handled the hoody in person and it's really cotton-y...

I hear ya, handled the hoody in person and it's really cotton-y...

I think the approach raf took is something using collegiate oldschool materials, but its silhouette and design is very futuristic. I wish he went with material like that used in the scuba hoodie from COS. Which reminds me, can anybody proxy that scuba?

http://www.cosstores.com/Store/Men/All/Scuba_hoodie/7094-243877.1

• 1 month later...