Jeans: SExI04bk, W+H MIJ selvage, Marc Jacobs x Wrangler

dkatz

First up:

Self Edge x Imperial 04 black size 28 SExI04bk

I wore these for a few months then left them in my closet for a couple years before finally accepting the fact that they're just too damn small for me.

Pity, 'cause they're rad.

$150 shipped in the US, a few more bucks outside (PM me for specific country).

I'd be potentially interested in trades, but will be picky. Generally size small on the top on the legs and 9ish on the feet.

The jeans are in my parents' house in California, but I am in Uganda, so I unfortunately can't get any additional information about the jeans (ie. measurements, photos).

Measurements (Blue in Green style, to the best of my abilities):

Size 28

waist: 32.5"

edit - I realized I don't quite follow BiG's guides for measuring the waist: before I measure the waist, I pull it taught then lay it down and measure across it, whereas BiG advises to just line the waist up and not stretch it taught before measuring. This probably gives my measurements 0.5 to 1 inch larger waist than true BiG style wouldfront rise: 9.65"

back rise: 14"

upper thigh: 11.25

knee: 8

leg opening: 7.25

inseam: 34.75

Photos taken in full direct sunlight, to give you the worst-case scenario (ie. direct sunlight will make jeans look the most faded and the most creased). I can't really see any fading on them in real life - stubborn black dye and all.

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

A small (penny-sized?) hole had started forming in the crotch - had it patched up

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Second up.

These are rad. I like them a lot, buuuuut they're too small. Definitely on the lookout for a pair in size 30...

Tried them on once, did the Charlie Brown sad-walk, put them in my closet.

$90 shipped in the US, a few more bucks outside (PM me for specific country).

Measurements (Blue in Green style, to the best of my abilities):

tagged 28x34

waist: 31.5

edit - I realized I don't quite follow BiG's guides for measuring the waist: before I measure the waist, I pull it taught then lay it down and measure across it, whereas BiG advises to just line the waist up and not stretch it taught before measuring. This probably gives my measurements 0.5 to 1 inch larger waist than true BiG style would

front rise: 9.75

back rise: 14.25

upper thigh: 11.25

knee: 7.85

leg opening: 7.45

inseam: 35.4

Nice slim, trim fit - appropriate for the trouser-fit, I say.

IMG_0192.jpg

Hook and loop style closure (like Dior Homme denim)

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Tight-weave denim has a nice sheen to it. I'd guess something like 12.5oz denim.

IMG_0193.jpg

Red-line selvage, chainstitch.

IMG_0195.jpg

Trouser pockets for maximum hand-comfort.

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Buckle/cinch back

IMG_0201.jpg

No idea what to call this pocket-reinforcement stitch (some type of bar tack?), but I like it

IMG_0202.jpg

You don't have to pay this much

IMG_0199.jpg

Third up:

I have a pair of size 28 Wings + Horns raw indigo Made in Japan denim. They're juuuuuust a bit too snug for me, and I'm not sure if I want to play the 2-weeks-of-testicular-separation-until-they-fit game. Soooo they're for sale.

The only catch is that when I was unbuttoning them after trying them on, the cap of the 2nd button popped off. I can't imagine it's a huge deal to reattach, though.

Retailed for $240. $170 shipped in the US sounds fair to me. $175 to Canada, $180 to the rest of the world.

Measurements (standard caveat: I ain't no tailor but I try my best)

waist 15-15.25"

edit - I realized I don't quite follow BiG's guides for measuring the waist: before I measure the waist, I pull it taught then lay it down and measure across it, whereas BiG advises to just line the waist up and not stretch it taught before measuring. This probably gives my measurements 0.5 to 1 inch larger waist than true BiG style would

front rise 10"

back rise 12.75"

inseam 35"

upper thigh 11.5"

knee 8"

hem 8"

For reference, these fit smaller than size 28 SExI04 and SExDBxS09.

img0220n.jpg

img0222b.jpg

img0232u.jpg

img0234w.jpg

img0227.jpg

img0229atf.jpg

img0230f.jpg

img0236m.jpg

img0237l.jpg

img0239s.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...