The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

Quote:

well, expensive is all relative. I think they're 450 in Japan....so 500 ain't so bad. icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

--- Original message by digital_denim on Jun 11, 2006 09:00 AM

their yen price tag was like 46,000 which is 400 USD but 4500 HKD is like 570 USD or so

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

• 6 months later...

I did a search and I found this thread on the 3001's http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=11207&highlight=flathead+3001 but I don't think anybody in there has posted soaking before and after pictures.

An abundant amount of people on here got this jean now since the Self Edge party so I thought this would be a good idea. (Though me and sidneylo got it the day before. :D )

I've worn it yesterday and all day today and after all the information I have gotten from people at the party, I've decided to give it a cold soak for about 5 hours.

Its 2 hours into the soak right now, and going to pull it out in another 3.

Size 30x36

waist: 15

inseam: 37

leg opening:7 1/2

thigh: 11 1/2

front rise: 10

back rise: 14

flathead3001.jpg

coldwater.jpg

Cold water running.

flathead3001soak.jpg

Asian bucket and 2 1 gallon tropicana orange juice jugs.

denimbubbles.jpg

Denim bubbles!

I will post the after-soak measurements and the fit of it after its done, this will be edited in a few hours.

EDIT:

flatheadhang.jpgflatheadhang1.jpg

Once I took them out I pressed them up against my bathtub wall and went up and down with my hand to try and squeeze out the excess water. Once I took it off the wall the wall was stained with indigo, I tried to wash it off with water but it wouldn't come off.

They are going to be drying until tomorrow morning and once I get up from sleeping I will wear them dry.

Updates soon to come!

flat heads are so popular! But to me they seem like any other japanese repro, with unremarkable smooth plain stiff denim, and I also don't dig the arctuate at all. What did you like about them?

I woke up at around 10 this morning and put them on.

flathead3001damp1.jpg

flathead3001damp.jpg

flathead3001damp2.jpg

BEFORE PRE-SOAK

Size 30x36

inseam: 37

leg opening:7 1/2

thigh: 11 1/2

front rise: 10

back rise: 14

AFTER PRE-SOAK

Size 30x36

inseam: 34

leg opening: 7

thigh: 11

front rise: 9 1/2

back rise: 13

It was really hard to buttom them even though I measured it and it was still the same waist it was before. So I put a towel on my bed lied down and pulled them all the way up, it took about 10 minutes.

I'm really amazed at what the soak had done to the inseam, 3 inches off? Now I don't need to get these hemmed. These jeans are sanforized and didn't get much shrinking up top.

i think someone was saying that your 'supposed to' remove the little ribbon edge/forked tongue so it looks like a levi's arcuate. i wonder if the forked tongue is actually sewed on as a separate piece as opposed to being a continuation of the right side of the arcuate, because if you just took off the tongue the rest of the arcuate might unravel off too.

anywho, i saved this bookmark from the other thread about what flatheads can look like once worn in. i really like the bright blue-ness. apparently its a different cut but same denim. i'd get some but i have some sd-103's coming in, damn

http://www.rockcandy.jp/f_jeans_folder/f_jeans_3005_yu_gazo/f_jeans_3005_used_top.html

ahhhh im superbummed that the inseam doesnt shrink to tag size. i wanted these for so long but had no conformation of the inseam length. soooo jealous!

Yeah, I'm worred about that 3 inch loss on the inseam. In a few hours, when it's daylight PST, I'm going to do a warm soak for 2 hours and see where it leads me.

*Cross fingers*

Ok, 2 hour warm soak. Almost 2" off the inseam, but too wet to measure anything else. It's drying quickly via sunlight, with flipping every 20 minutes. I'm going to blow dry the legs lightly because they're not getting any sun action.

fh_soak_1.jpg

fh_soak_2.jpg

fh_soak_3.jpg

Im the 13th. Word from the Breath Mint is that you leave that day as well... TSH...

She's a tard. I leave on the 14th. :)

Watch out, your inseam is going to shrink like crazy at a 3-5 hour soak if it's anything like the zipper fly (and I'm assuming you got the button fly/baggier cut.)