ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Two concerts in a weekend for this guy and his ROYxCones.

Friday night the whole dkatz family (including the parents) saw Mariachi El Bronx

IMG00375-20111014-1912.jpg

S1uihI8UOM4

(fantastic stuff!)

open for the Foo Fighters

IMG00377-20111014-2238.jpg

IMG00376-20111014-2117.jpg

IMG00378-20111014-2307.jpg

My new job-hunt goal is to find a job that I enjoy as much as Dave Grohl enjoys his.

And last night was something a little bit different:

Within The Ruins

NXzWZt3iDcY

(even if you don't enjoy metal, listen to the 30 second passage that begins at 2:39)

and Misery Signals

wuzaRSYUxSI

These guys are unfuckingbelievable. Like clockwork.

At least I did - for the Bronx part. Mariachi El Bronx (and especially the Bronx) are one of the best livebands. Saw them 4 years ago. Still can't (or don't want to) understand the fascination of Metalcore.

But, having lived right in front of Haus Wahnfried, I want to add Richard Wagner to the latter discussion. Him and Beethoven are the best.

The Andy Warhol museum currently has an exhibit by Alex Ross that I had been itching to check out, so my girlfriend and I spent some time there this weekend.

We walked over what used to be called the Seventh Street bridge to get there.6253264965_c5748d5195_z.jpg

Now everyone calls it the Andy Warhol bridge.

6253795092_baa4b0d6b3_z.jpg

There are two identical bridges on either side of this bridge which are collectively called the "three sisters". The bridge to the East is renamed the Roberto Clemente bridge, and the bridge to the West is now called the Rachel Carson bridge. Only Warhol is a Pittsburgh native.

6253795366_2df870794e_z.jpg ^Clemente's bridge. Fittingly right in front of the Pirates current stadium (PNC Park).

6253264711_4c5ca68bc5_z.jpg

The only picture I managed to take at the exhibit, and I was immediately swarmed by employees. I didn't even use flash!

6253265161_6b41722802_z.jpg

And the jeans. Didn't realize the knee bags were so nasty.

I was wondering why you were so familiar with Primanti's. If you haven't already, you might want to check out the more recent Kingdom Come/JSA cross over which expands on Kingdom Come Superman's story .

Some of the stuff they had on display was fantastic. Especially his works on canvas. Maybe I'll have to go back on an off day and see if I can snap some more when there isn't so much attention.

Jeez, what a difference 100 miles makes! Suns out and hardly any clouds in the sky. It was cold, overcast, and poured on us up here all weekend long. I swear, it's a different world once you get south of I-80. Didn't make it to the outlet this weekend, so can't give you the rundown on those 501s you asked about. Nice update. Looking forward to more photos of Pixburgh!

Because of this. I've never seen Max Power that happy before :)
That was before we hit the woods.
he keeps the best pics for himself

Blame the mobsters at the trash for that i am very particular now with my pics. I am aware that those pics are first class material for the caption thread, but i dont't read that crappy shit anymore.

This pic says all:

unbenannt1rv.png

Stefan, it was obvious anyway. you're bored?

Dinners by the sea sitting side by side. Hrmmmm. And look at those knee fades! I always wondered how Almostnice came up with them.
This joke is so outworn. I would' ve expected something better from you.