Quote:

6 Pair.

45rpm Sorahikos (1 wash)

45rpm Jomon (1 wash)

Buzz Rickson 1942 Lee 101-b

Lee 1952 101-z (Japanese Edwin made)

1947 LVC 501xx (deadstock)

1971 LVC 646 (deadstock)

The Sorahikos and Ricksons are worn the most.

Edited by partytaco on May 10, 2006 at 08:11 PM

--- Original message by partytaco on May 10, 2006 08:02 PM

are the 646s the flare leg ones?

i have dozens of jeans (moslty vintage) but what i am currently wearing :

*julian red hoboken nikki sixx ( from sweden, super slim and tapered, indigo warp with pink weft). coolest jeans ever man.

*h&m "& denim" sliq slim. similar fit to apc ns, jr california with a lower rise. bought them to experiment with but have been my "go to" jeans since about november. very dark blue with pale yellow and purple stiching. despite dyeing my hands for weeks they have retained most of their color after a few soaks and a warm machine wash. great fade starting to show, very slubby and streaky stretch denim (similar looking to svenska denim but much lighter) cool and subtle back pockets imo, purple pocket bags, and best of all- cheap. $40 bucks! i bought another pair in a smaller size (first pair stretched way out) and im thinking about getting them tapered a bit more. they will look like budget nudie long johns!

*vintage post redline levis 501xx made in the u.s.a. bought these vintage but they feel like i've worn them for years. these are the jeans that are always lying on the floor next to my bed and i almost always put these on first until i decide what im going to wear that day.

*vintage orange tab levis 517 stretch. my iggy jeans and another vintage find. these fit pretty much skintight and i swear they have no bootcut whatsoever. in the year since i started wearing them they have developed a few holes pretty rapidly (65%cotton 35% poly vintage denim gets pretty brittle) so after repairing the crotch and knee ive put these on light duty.

*levis europe premium 501s made in spain. got these at the levis store a few years back. these were freaking tighter than any 501s id ever worn and have a really deep color. after an untimely knee rip (and a nearly fatal stint of denim boredom) i started embellishing these and now they have been sandpapered, seam ripped, painted on and in, and suffered extensive abuse at my local skatepark. depite such poor treatment they are still structurally sound as hell and they divide their time between skating and chore duty. definately the hardest wearing pair of modern levis ive seen. i wish i would have left them alone!

*i also have a pile of various o tab 517's i wear from time to time (although much less in the past 9 months or so). these range from well worn lighter blue and fertility impairing to perfectly faded and repaired to relaxed, soft, yet still dark to a slim and cardboard raw pair just waiting to get busted.

*then there is my banana republic beat ass western bootcut. xmas gift about 6 years ago. very thick and heavy denim with 1% stretch gave these the most flattering tight fit ive ever worn. very similar in both color and shape to a.p.c. new standards with a slightly fuller hem. these would definatly not count as a bootcut by todays standards. awesome heavy duty hardware, pivoting buttons- fly, and strong as iron. they are missing about 3 inches from the back of the hems where they were walked on, the knees have been repaired and patched and then re-patched and re-repaired, the thighs are threadbare and the back pocket is currently patched with electrical tape (over an iron on patch over a cloth repair!) i wear these very sparingly, usually to relax on sunday nights, and some day very soon these will retire and go on permanant display on my walls somewhere. have never before or since seen anything remotely similar at the banana.

i also have a few pairs of edwin, diesel (r.i.p. rabox), ag, buffalo, that get occasional love and stacks and stacks of vintage (levis, wrangler, sedgefields, old gap, gloria v, calvin k, more levis, handfull of lee, roebucks, plain pockets (old jcpenny brand), and plenty of various no name examples (many of which dont ever get worn and many more that dont even fit me.) i troll the salvation army like its my job looking for denim to get my fix. ive only recently started selling a lot of my excess on ebay.

i am definately obsessed but im also so broke i cant pay attention so i thriv

Only recently discovered Superfuture and gotten into the beauty of good quality denim, always went for whatever was in fashion at the time, therefore I have a lot of jeans in my cupboard that I’m quite ashamed of. So ...

Never wear:

4/5 X pairs of old baggy skate jeans - Droors/DC etc

2 X levis engineered

Occasionally wear:

Blue Blood

Seal Kay

Dsquared2

Replay

Diesel

Energie

Regularly wear:

PRPS

Lee Raw

Evisu Raw Selvedge

And just bought a pair of:

Duffer Klondyke Raw Selvedge

thank you ! thank you !

there are lots of real comment!

sooooo interesting!!

most of them have cane! i'm very glad to hear about !

and very very (maybe only here?) popular japanese jeans in US!

so impressed.

Samurai. SD's,Canes, Warehouse , fullcount are also very very popular in japan !

i think RRL , diesel ,blueblood ,apc , Nudie , and of course LVC are popular in US.

to my surprise, there is no one wearing or having true religion....

TO ally fu

cool! your choice is like a trend of japanese !!!

especially Dsqured, energie and replay !

Ryu, the people who post here do not represent what is popular in the USA.

On the street, I see a lot of Diesel, Levi Signature, Rustler, Old Navy, Gap, Ambercrombie & Fitch, 7 for all Mankind, Citizens of Humanity, A&G, lots of Roca Wear, some True Religion, a little Rock and Republic. I rarely see any dry denim out there.

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Edited by denimdestroyedmylife on May 11, 2006 at 05:25 AM

Quote:
Quote:

ooops sorry !

i wanna say

please teach this japanese guy

thank you green tea

--- Original message by Ryu on May 10, 2006 09:26 AM

hey ryu, can you recommend me good leather belts? I like sugarcane belt,it looks strong and durable.Do you know of any other brands that are similar in quality but cheaper?

--- Original message by greentea on May 10, 2006 09:29 AM

hi greentea.

you saw this belt ?

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/119706/256094/167986/

this is rather cheap, i think.

and my belt i have used is pretty good

http://letgoasyoulike.fc2web.com/belt.htm

a bit cheaper than cane's....

i think you like thick one don't you?

Quote:

Ryu, the people who post here do not represent what is popular in the USA.

On the street, I see a lot of Diesel, Levi Signature, Rustler, Old Navy, Gap, Ambercrombie & Fitch, 7 for all Mankind, Citizens of Humanity, A&G, lots of Roca Wear, some True Religion, a little Rock and Republic. I rarely see any dry denim out there.

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on May 11, 2006 05:24 AM

thanks DDML....

oh i see.....

most of jeans which people are wearing are LVC , uniqlo and edwin !

you know, uniqlo is cheap but high-quality has a bit

good fading (but i think the fabric is too even )

LVC is the origin of the jeans !

edwin is popular, good for japanese about the cut.

But now in Japan, wearing raw denim is the latest trend. also US i think.

like DIOR HOMME,APC,even if LVC !(i heard they made low-rised new 501)

Quote:

Hey Ryu...I'm curious about your name...At first I thought it was a reference to the Street Fighter 2 character but I looked up the translation of "ryu" but got alot of different meanings...from "flow"...to "energy"...to "school"...to "style" .... im thinking with your notoriety that its a little bit of them all ;)

but anyway, my jeans...for now

Levis 606 A-Type's

Levis LVC Denim Devotee 1901 501's (altered to fit more like a 606)

Levis Red (Dark Calendar - 5 pieces of denim stitched together...these fit like 505's)

Diesel Onijo's

Edited by Whodinihimself on May 10, 2006 at 10:12 AM

--- Original message by Whodinihimself on May 10, 2006 10:09 AM

Oh!!!

that's maybe good question ! haha!!

Ryu came from my real first name, part of my real name.

the true mean of RYU is you know dragon.

like a character of street fighter !icon_smile_wink.gif

—¬ using my website is same pronounciation.,but having quite different meaning.

like you said 'flow' 'style' 'stream or current'

i choose this accidently, but i really like it !

be flow, don't stop keep goin'. Ryu's "Stlye"

very good words!

Quote:

more than i need but never enough

samurai momotarou K1006M

samurai S510XX19ozII

samurai S526VX (reserved)

samurai SO500XX (reserved)

full count 1108

full count 1101 (soon)

45rpm BC4000 black

45rpm (badou-r) jomon indigo

45prm (badou-r) jomon charcoal

studio d'artisan X's-26

nom de guerre grey (non-selvedge)

--- Original message by asfberg on May 10, 2006 01:38 PM

oh !!!! amazing !!!

you're cazy about the japanese jeans !!!

i envy you.....icon_smile_shock.gif

Raw:

- 2x Flare Glenn

- Slim Jim

- APC NS

- Julian Red Cali

- Dior Homme, size 28 and made in Japan

(got them today and thought they would be tighter. would trade them for a 26, made in Japan

only)

Prewashed:

- Acne Max Fletch

- Nudie Slim Jim Dark used

- Nudie Bootcut Ola Black used

abc 123

mine :

Samurai S510XX19OZII

Sugar Cane SC40500N, SC41947R

SD XXX-26, SD-103

45rpm Jomon(one wash), Sorahiko(one wash)

Denime Lee101

Nudie SSDS

5EP

Levi's 501 Junya Watanabe

True religion Bobby

Rock&Republic

Diesel Zathan

Quote:

nice collection, s4ntETC, welcum 2 da phewcher.

[this thread would be soooo much better w/ pics]

--- Original message by denimdestroyedmylife on May 11, 2006 08:03 AM

yeah, some people are sitting on great collections but not posting pics! such a tragedy.

I'm working on some new pics of my jeans.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

RRDS

Slim Jim Dry Black

Bootcut Ola Dry

Thin Finn Dry Black Stretch

Earnest Sewn Rotton #50 Line Dry

Assorted Levis Premium

1921 M010 KSS

Diesel Zathan

and the newest addition to the collection:

Crate Denim James 4 Dry Light Blue- kickass, will post pics soon

This list does not include numerous old pairs sold or donated

You don't need a professional photographers. All you need is a good a mount of light (day time outdoor), and an automatic camera with or without flash. When taking close up, remember to use marco shot (remember the flower?).

Mysignature.jpgicon_smile_cool.gif

Guestemating about 30 pairs:

Favs:

Dior Homme 18cm raw blue jap. (really cant say enough about the quality of these, fit is amazing)

Dior Homme 21cm Orange tint (dont know if jap or italian but it doesnt really matter since they are washed and i got a killer deal on them)

Helmut Lang Straight Leg Raw (standard, no-frills)

Cheap Monday tight/narrow black/indigo/white/red (cheap and shitty but still good, the reds are a hit with the ladies)

Denim Circus Raw indigo (off zoovillage, basically the same as cheap monday)

Acne mic/max cash/indigo/greyscale (niiiice swedes)

Nudie thinn finn raw stretch (weird fit but still nice)

Julian red Hoboken Nikki Sixx/Black Bullett (These are ungodly violatingly tight, these seriously are the tightest jeans ive ever tried on, def not for those above a 32 waist and intended for really little hipless guys, Nikki Sixx almost raw with a pink weft, and the bullets are like a 3 wash black thats been sitting in the sun for a month or so, but still kinda shiny)

Julian red Cali Raw (alot more give in the hips than hobokens with still narrow ankles, I reccomend if you have more athletic thighs)

Skull Jeans johnny black ( about as tight as dior 18cms and they have that really sick star embroidery on the back pocket)

I also have piles of KREW jeans (sponsored by a local skateshop so i get these for next to nothing, really stretchy, great for wearing to work or sitting around the house hungover. Also extremely cheap even without the discounts and have very fashion-conscious cuts and washes, like the slim straight legs in raw, white and grey, also a black stonewash kinda like black bullets on a budget)

Vintage levis/lees ive stolen from the salvation army drop bin

RECENTLY SOLD:

Cloak slims W/toggle tightner (really the craziest details ive ever seen on any pair of jeans ever, quality all the way and the customised tightening system was genius, so many styles out of one jean)

Various nudies

LOOKING FOR:

Madien noir raw black slims

Supreme raw indigo slims

Crate (creative architectural details)

Guest Airjamie

Guestemating about 30 pairs:

Favs:

Dior Homme 18cm raw blue jap. (really cant say enough about the quality of these, fit is amazing)

Dior Homme 21cm Orange tint (dont know if jap or italian but it doesnt really matter since they are washed and i got a killer deal on them)

Helmut Lang Straight Leg Raw (standard, no-frills)

Cheap Monday tight/narrow black/indigo/white/red (cheap and shitty but still good, the reds are a hit with the ladies)

Denim Circus Raw indigo (off zoovillage, basically the same as cheap monday)

Acne mic/max cash/indigo/greyscale (niiiice swedes)

Nudie thinn finn raw stretch (weird fit but still nice)

Julian red Hoboken Nikki Sixx/Black Bullett (These are ungodly violatingly tight, these seriously are the tightest jeans ive ever tried on, def not for those above a 32 waist and intended for really little hipless guys, Nikki Sixx almost raw with a pink weft, and the bullets are like a 3 wash black thats been sitting in the sun for a month or so, but still kinda shiny)

Julian red Cali Raw (alot more give in the hips than hobokens with still narrow ankles, I reccomend if you have more athletic thighs)

Skull Jeans johnny black ( about as tight as dior 18cms and they have that really sick star embroidery on the back pocket)

I also have piles of KREW jeans (sponsored by a local skateshop so i get these for next to nothing, really stretchy, great for wearing to work or sitting around the house hungover. Also extremely cheap even without the discounts and have very fashion-conscious cuts and washes, like the slim straight legs in raw, white and grey, also a black stonewash kinda like black bullets on a budget)

Vintage levis/lees ive stolen from the salvation army drop bin

RECENTLY SOLD:

Cloak slims W/toggle tightner (really the craziest details ive ever seen on any pair of jeans ever, quality all the way and the customised tightening system was genius, so many styles out of one jean)

Various nudies

LOOKING FOR:

Madien noir raw black slims

Supreme raw indigo slims

Crate (creative architectural details)