fre-co

White's Horse Hide/Shell Cordovan group order

Grabbing a hide of each color finish from storage over the weekend. Will be able to post pics on Monday when I am back at my studio.

From what I remember the black hides were "double butt" and about 4ft each and the russet brown were "single butt" and about 2ft each.

So... dug through storage over the weekend and grabbed one hide of shiny black (double butt), one hide of dull black (single butt) and the remaining two hides of russet brown (single butt). Turns out the russet brown hides have the Horween stamp on the back! Any doubts of the authenticity or quality of these hides have been eliminated as the black hides are just as nice and exhibit the same features as the Horween hides.

Again, here are the quantities that I have available:

- 70 sq ft in black (dull finish)
- 73 sq ft in black (shiny finish)
- 4.25 sq ft in russet brown

photo2yca.jpg

photoucq.jpg

photo7j.JPG

photo6cux.jpg

photo5kd.jpg

photo4qk.JPG

photo3xq.jpg

photo8ay.jpg

so your selling us around 180 bucks a shell? you sure? thas like around 360 just for material to make a pair of shoes? maybe you got the pricing wrong

I'm just selling it for what I paid- I'm not a leather wholesaler. I'm sure Alden or other manufacturers get much better pricing than I did.

Based off a simple search online, I am getting an estimate of 4sq ft for an oxford pair and about 6sq ft for a 6" boot style (that is if you also want to make the sole out of cordovan leather as well). That would be about $150-$210 then depending on the style