legit check on Nudie Ralf's

watchman

I don't own the veggie, but that doesn't look like the right color. All the pics i've seen indicate that it is a much light blue, almost aqua, and very stripey. post this on mynudies.com-----many veggie owners there. beyond that, there are many pics of the veggie there. i thought all nudies had the redline selvage----------could be wrong

I think it is authentic. Veggie, because of the vertical streaks. The photographs sometimes show a different color than in real. I'm not sure, though, because I can't see the selvage redline... It could be there, but I cannot say.

I don't know if the veggies have a redline, but the color does look about right.

First, there is simply no such thing as 'deadstock' nudies. Second, all the veggies that I've seen pictures of appear to have redline selvage. Saying all this I don't believe that anybody is making fake nudies yet, so I would bet that this person is simply uninformed and actually selling a pair of greycast. This sorta jives with the fact that he's only selling them for $135, if he actually had a pair of veggies he'd be selling them for more than twice that. I say buy 'em cause thats a pretty decent deal for a pair of greycasts which I think are actually a little cooler than the RRDS, simply because they're something different.

Edited by Thorns on May 3, 2006 at 11:40 PM

They look legit IMO. The color is correct and the selvedge is also white with no redline, which is also correct for this model. Though the further pics look slightly dark the close up shows the true royal blue color of the veg. ralf denim, and the white selvedge is also shown.

FYI this LE model also came with a grey & white box which indicates the pair # (1/500, etc.) and should also come with a special edition t-shirt. MSRP in Sweden was also significantly lower than in NA, somewhere in the $350USD range if memory serves me correctly.

Also, RR greycasts are NOT selvage. They are regular denim with orange thread used in an overlock stitch over the edges of the denim on the outseams.

Edited by Circa on May 4, 2006 at 12:57 AM

Quote:

First, there is simply no such thing as 'deadstock' nudies. Second, all the veggies that I've seen pictures of appear to have redline selvage. Saying all this I don't believe that anybody is making fake nudies yet, so I would bet that this person is simply uninformed and actually selling a pair of greycast. This sorta jives with the fact that he's only selling them for $135, if he actually had a pair of veggies he'd be selling them for more than twice that. I say buy 'em cause thats a pretty decent deal for a pair of greycasts which I think are actually a little cooler than the RRDS, simply because they're something different.

Edited by Thorns on May 3, 2006 at 11:40 PM

--- Original message by Thorns on May 3, 2006 11:38 PM

i dont think greycasts are selvage.

Quote:

The SS LE and the Veggie are not the same. The SS LE is dyed with synthetic indigo and the denim looks totally different than the veggies. I say these are real.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 4, 2006 12:57 AM

Both of these jeans were still limited edition models. Svenska came in a light blue box with an accompanying book about the history of denim in Sweden, Veg. Ralf came in a grey box with t-shirt. Svenska was originally around 1000 pairs released in the initial run I believe (Swedish flag on the inside waistband) and the veg. Ralf was a limited run of around 500 worldwide.

As I stated earlier the selvage on the Veg. Ralf is supposed to be WHITE. There is no line, red or otherwise.

Bought 'em!

I've always said that a good pair of veggies was my holy grail. These were too cheap and too my size to sleep on them.

When they arrive I will try and post pics

Fuck....more shit to buy