WANTED: A.P.C. NEW STANDARD INDIGO !

carmine

Quote:

carmine, $120 is not the retail price. retail price is $140, and it is rumored to go up to $160 very soon.... i know it's a lot but, you are asking for raw selvage denim and the material is very expensive.

for a pair of jeans you will have for many years, $120+shipping is not too bad.

--- Original message by mizanation on May 2, 2006 10:39 AM

I agree with You, the post above was about copping from APCs French site. They got the jeans for 130EUR[$165] shipped so if I could get the same pair for $135 shipped, I would.

btw, just emailed DenimBar, thanks!

Quote:

If you live outside of the states and order through Mauro you'll get caned on the import tax and duties and end up paying more than retail price.

--- Original message by sybaritical on May 2, 2006 12:34 PM

No, the parcel can be maked as gift, tax free...

60 euro is the max value of gift I think... But if the item doesn't have a pricetag and the USPS Customs Declaration says $30, its tax-free. At least all parcels I've received from the USA were marked like that, I hope Mauro can do that too.

The value has to be declared on the customs tag and the EU are super hot about clothing imports, but doubtless he'll swing it at $10. Just make sure he does remember to mark it up as a gift. With all due respect to him he didn't know anything about the taxes and offered to make it up to me in future purchases, but I got hammered for another $100 on top of what I'd already paid. Let us know how it goes.