Going to LA, any shopping advice: sales, stores, brands, etc...

what up Super Folk. i'm out to LA tomorrow for Coachella, and some good old it-kicking. can anyone point me in the right direction shopping wise? im from Hawaii where we dont have a lot of what you all do, so im pretty open to new labels and stuff. at the same time, im no queef, so i know whats dope for the most part. right now im really feeling:

Wings & horns / spruce

Brown sound

Trovata

Surface 2 air

Fiberops

Nom de guerre

Paul Smith

American apparel

H & M

Iron army

Imperial

Apc

Loomstate

Creative recreation

...but i've been having to rely on the net for my fix. any sample sales, must-go stores, places to be, areas to stay away from? they dont have to be lables on that list either. again, im pretty open. oh, and i take it back, i am a queef. ha.

and yes, i tried the "search", but its mostly old news. i need updates, yall.

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

Ron Herman (Fred Segal Melrose)

Wings & Horn / spruce

Nom de Guerre (though, i don't know if I've ever seen any pieces, they are listed as a stockist)

Iron Army

Fred Segal Santa Monica

Iron Army (HTC)

Surface 2 air (HTC, I think)

Apc (HTC)

Loomstate (I think)

Trovata (Fred Segal Men)

Other cool stuff (i.e. 5EP, Rag & Bone, Julian Red, Cheap Mondays...)

Other cool stores would be

American Rag (Trovata, all kinds of jeans, bunch of stuff I can't remember. Overall awesome selection)

South Willard (Really small, but they carry Rag & Bone, APC, and I think Raf by Raf Simmons)

No stores for Imperial, no H&M (yet). There are American Apparel stores all over the place (one near Fred Segal Santa Monica, and also another one not too far from Fred Segal Melrose). There is a Paul Smith store. You can find Trovata at at Barney's co-op.

• 1 year later...

They also do have it at the Melrose location. Honestly for the brands you mentioned, I would definitely go to the Fred Segal on Melrose and would probably pass on the Santa Monica one IF shopping is your main priority. If not, go to the Santa Monica one because they have decent stuff there and the whole Santa Monica area is very nice and something you'd want to see before you leave anyway.

Besides that, American Rag is going to have some of the other brands you like, there's an H&M at the Beverly Center Mall near these places too if you want..

I'd also hit up Barney's on Wilshire and Rodeo Drive.. its 4 stories I am sure you'd love the selection there too.

Have fun, L.A. is the shit man