How can I get an extremely cheap flight from San Francisco to New York?

jstavrin

The average price seems to be around $400 to fly out on September 6 and return the 11th. I can't pay that much, as I've already been saving money for another trip. This just came up.

My reasons for needing to get there aren't worth explaining, but I'll basically be able to stay in the city for free if I go during those dates. I know Priceline has some bizarre system where you can name your price and the airline may or may not give you a ticket to fill the seat.

Can anyone think of any weird deals I can take advantage of? Thanks in advance.

Go here:

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Leave on the 5th. Return on the 11th.

It's $320 on Virgin America from SFO-JFK nonstop, but you get in the night of the 5th so you'd have to pay for a hotel.

It's $340 on Delta from OAK-JFK thru ATL and back thru SLC, but the first flight is a redeye so you arrive the morning of the 6th and don't have to stay in a hotel that night.

Get on it. Best day to buy a plane ticket is a tuesday or wednesday. These are good prices considering the short amount of time prior to the trip.

either that or try to find a Southwest rapid rewards credit for sale. I've purchased round trip rewards tickets for under $300 and flown coast to coast the next day, just have to check with SWA to make sure the days are available for reward travel.

good luck! I'm going to NYC in a week too, can't wait!