Enishi Jeans

futureproof

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these were one of the best fitting jeans ive tried on (not sure of the model but im sure the name is in the pics below). tried them on when i was in Australia but couldnt justify the price at the time. if anyone can pick me up a pair of size 30s for 100.00 ill be all about it.

my pics from the Aika store from last sept. from the unknown brand thread

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

for reference im a true 30 and i tried on a tag 30

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

i saw a pair of AIKA jeans still being sold at DEUS EX, and the denim is pretty solid, quite hairy and of reasonable weight. the construction is okay, but the leather patch is very thin.

they are really cheap at $100 - but my dilema is im going to japan in a couple of weeks, should i just wait to buy some jeans in japan? I'm sure there will be a huge range and possibly i'll even find jeans on sale there

^ I say wait it out - go to Japan and buy some stuff, and then pick up the Aika down the track if you're feel like it.

Aika has been dead for a year (?) now, and I don't see the jeans being bought en mass any time soon (this is Australia :P, folks rather buy Cheap Mondays than Aika's at the same price) - they'll most likely still be there when you come back.

The denim is great though: a hairy, Zimbabwe cotton based, 14.5 oz fabric woven in Japan, and AFAIK natural indigo dyed too.

But I agree, the leather patch kinda sucks - don't really understand why they shaved the leather so thin when everything else on the jeans are top-notch - probably because a Sydneysider designed them :P

thanks for the advice mike... but now they choice is dazzling, i have no idea what jeans im going to get? My piece of shit lvc 47 is just busting out of the inner thigh/crotch area because i've been squatting or i sized it wrong or something, so i'm denim-less for the next few weeks!

denim-less for the next few weeks is unacceptable, considering it's raining here every second day.

if it's still a while til japan i'd grab those Aika if you can find your size. After everyone talked about Enishi in this thread, all of the pairs we had in That Store sold out straight away.

When i went to Japan last year, i didn't see much stuff on sale at Americaya or the denim stores i visited, and i went during June/July sale season.

^ Haha, proxying a $100 pair of jeans hardly sounds like worth while work :P

But PM me if you're interested in a size 34.

No more Aika Jins where I live - folks from Sydney might be able to help you though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got them from Artisan Exchange, lluma. I tried searching for them online, but cant find any store. Tried the Aika Jin, but the fit was not what i was looking for. Yoshi's fit was perfect. Got them instead. I wish the Yoshi had a leather patch instead of the stitching. Awesome denim though. Real steal i would say for those who got them for $50. Personally, i found these worthy of the price i paid for. They had the full Aika Denim range and stuffs like Polo tees and chinos etc.

^ Nice buy onijo84!

A while back there was some dude from SG trying to sell 'pre-order' AIKA jeans...bloody hell~~~

He used my blog post as a review to sell his 'pre-orders' too, the nerves :(

Anyway, copped another Yoshi today:

pb250007.jpg

I am not surprised at all at these douchebags who want to make some quick bucks having known of the sudden demand for these jeans. Lol @ 'pre-orders' .

Btw, is there any difference between the Aika and the Yoshi apart from the fit? Personally i found the denim used on both to be the same from the feel of it. Let me hear what you guys think about it.

Thru observation ..this is what i see..

^ If you guys look closely at the pictures you would see the dyeing process. From what i gathered from reading elsewhere about this process, it seems natural indigo was used. And with them producing the Aika with natural indigo, i strongly doubt they would use synthetic dyes on the Enishi.

Might just drop them a mail verifying the above statements. I am no expert or one who have acquired a sound knowledge of dyeing denim.

AFAIK the Aika denim was dyed with natural indigo, but was rope-dyed (like most synthetic indigo) instead of the more traditional bottle/hank dyeing.

The company that produced Aika and Enishi is a garment manufacturing company, not the mill, AFAIK they did not produce their own fabric - they sourced their fabrics from another factory.

But it would be good if you could e-mail them and find out exactly :)

P.S. I have a slight suspicion that the Akia Jin denim is mixed natural/synthetic, not pure natural...

The enishi Yoshi is dyed with synthetic indigo.

I really like that it doesn't have a leather patch on it.

It allows the waistband to stretch evenly.

I also like the logo and where it is placed.

Almost looks like a sample pair.

The first batch of Yoshi came with a leather patch but that was changed for subsequent production.

yoshi1stbatch.th.jpg