Enishi Jeans

futureproof

Hey so I finally washed my enishi's after 14 months of wear.

To be honest, not really a big difference in colour, but they are much softer and they smell nicer.

I am very happy with them though, they are lasting very well.

Been wearing them pretty much every single day.

before1.jpg

Before washing^

before2.jpg

Before washing^

indigo.jpg

Indigo in the washing water^

drying2.jpg

fabric drying^

drying1.jpg

Jeans drying^

after1.jpg

After washing^

after2.jpg

After washing^

edit--> sorry these images are pretty HUGE, can anyone tell me how to thumbnail them

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I never found out which factory produced Enishi.

But… the main reason I washed my jeans was because the owner of Enishi and an ex-Aika employee from Osaka were supposed to be visiting Sydney this week; didn't want to meet them wearing smelly jeans.

Unfortunately the trip has been postponed until sometime in October, and I'm not sure if both of them are coming now, perhaps just the ex-Aika employee.

If I do meet the owner and he is happy with me posting details here, I'll let you know.

In the meantime I have started another two pairs of Enishi Yoshi's.

Last pair was a size 32, this time I have gone for size 31 (my waist is more like a size 33)

I'm planning on wearing one pair as normal and the other for cycling only to see how the fade differs between them.

I'll post some pics once they start to wear in.

• 3 weeks later...

i got nothing against the low price , im happy you got them ..its just .i hope all the remaining pairs went to those who can appreciate the denim.

yea i got one pair i bought when they first came out in 2008 and another at the discounted price last year. I actually had posted a few pics in the unknown japanese brand thread a while ago, i need to dig up the post

Yeah, I spotted some Fullcounts at $50 bucks - I got a pair of their hickory pants.

THAT Store has an outlet shop near where I live called THIS Store - that's where most of their $50 stuff is, but most of the good stuff are long gone now.

hey mike, nice grab. i actually work for THAT store in sydney. The Enishi, Aika and Fullcount went for pretty cheap and were mainly scooped up by the denim nerds. Most people here in Australia don't understand the vintage and repro aesthetic. Tell them they're a shrink to fit and they freak out haha.

If i recall, there are a few pairs of the Fullcount 1105 natural indigo floating around as well as some Aika's and the 1880's Fullcount workwear reproductions on sale.

hey mike, nice grab. i actually work for THAT store in sydney. The Enishi, Aika and Fullcount went for pretty cheap and were mainly scooped up by the denim nerds. Most people here in Australia don't understand the vintage and repro aesthetic. Tell them they're a shrink to fit and they freak out haha.

If i recall, there are a few pairs of the Fullcount 1105 natural indigo floating around as well as some Aika's and the 1880's Fullcount workwear reproductions on sale.

Thanks for the info mate :)

Must drop by the next time I visit Sydney (my gf is from Sydney).

I saw those Fullcounts last time I went to THIS Store - most were either not my size or pre-distressed...

I'll visit THIS store next month to see what's up!

The Melbourne Central THAT Store is 5 minutes walk from my place - but they seem to target a non-denim-nerd audience though :(

Anyway, some more shots of my Enishi's - I will will put them back in rotation when Summer comes along...

I really must find out which factory makes Enishi, so I can freakin' kop some more!!!!

DSC04321.jpg

DSC04328.jpg

DSC04335.jpg

DSC04343.jpg

• 1 month later...

$100? I paid $50, hahaha :P

All jokes aside though, it's a very nice pair of jeans especially considering the price we paid for them.

My brother has a pair at 8 months and going strong, the denim now has a nice tinge of green to it - fades kinda slowly though.

^ Haha, I know who you're talking about arcanum :)

Former employee who bought much of the sale stock.

I got mine at THIS store along with my $50 Enishi Yoshi, Edwin Vintage Collection and Fullcount hickory pants.

The sale was crazy...