Enishi Jeans

futureproof

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha mike, you're grabbing bargains left, right and centre. lucky for you Japanese denim is misunderstood in Australia. THAT STORE really wants to push the Japanese denim brands but they just dont do well down here.

Lucky you got them all at those prices, i bought a pair of Enishi and Aika from the Aika store in Paddington about 2 years ago when they were still open... at full price,$400 each.. i'm such a sucker.

@mikecch any other stuff there ? i am looking for some alds but apparently "that store" in chapel st has stopped selling them.

I saw a pair of ALD overdyed at Docklands yesterday size 30 if you want..but they are unselvedge though..

the only other pairs worth mentioning is a pair of Aika Jin, the one that you got there, in size 30. I was holding on to them for a good 20mins then decided to pass for now :P

and also Fullcounts Bush pants in size 29 if im not mistaken..

Lucky you got them all at those prices, i bought a pair of Enishi and Aika from the Aika store in Paddington about 2 years ago when they were still open... at full price,$400 each.. i'm such a sucker.

hahaha same case here. I was so curious about the denim on Enishi plus the mysterious vibe from this unknown origin of the jeans made me just jumped the gun

i see, thanks for that mikecch !!!

Cheers mate. I bought the ALDs for forum-sale :P

In retrospect I should have bought 10 to 20 pairs last year and re-sell them here & mynudies.

The pricing on some of the jeans were insane, more liquidation sale off than a Boxing Day clearance :P

The sad thing was, the $50 Cheap Mondays were still selling more than the $50 Aika or Enishi jeans.

We need more 'education' here :P

I saw a pair of ALD overdyed at Docklands yesterday size 30 if you want..but they are unselvedge though..

the only other pairs worth mentioning is a pair of Aika Jin, the one that you got there, in size 30. I was holding on to them for a good 20mins then decided to pass for now :P

and also Fullcounts Bush pants in size 29 if im not mistaken..

How much were the Jins going for?

Maybe could proxy/re-sell if someone here wants them.

Really nice pair of pants, from the lovely natural indigo denim (rope dyed 20 times, according to the note that came with it) to the customised hardware and pocket cloths.

Construction is really solid too, built like SDAs.

My only complaint is that the leather patch is very thin, but for the discounted price, I don't think I can whine that much about it.

@mikecch well said :D

I managed to go to "this store" today and bought the ald darktones (thanks to LC). However the ald turned out to be Royal pants which are hella baggy but at $100 i could not complain. also the jeans are still made in france which is a nice touch as well. there still size 32 in case someone is looking for it, i didnt check larger sizes sorry. Regarding the aika jeans, i saw them in size 30 but they are not aika jins but rather aika gi, which is a black jeans, priced at $100 too. i didnt buy it though, buying 2 pair of jeans in a day is just insane for me. anyway i will have to start visiting this store more often in case there is a huge sale :D

picture325.jpg

hahaha nice pick up man. those alds are very good for kicking back in style.

no aika jin in indigo? somebody must have bought them..ahh there goes my chance to experience the denim..

Did you notice a pair of 'INDIGO FARM' jeans? very dark raw selvedge denim but they are made in china

I did some google about indigo farm, apparently they make jeans for garbstore and paulsmith.. interesting...

maybe i didnt search thoroughly so you might still have a chance. Otherwise you can buy them from david "goodtrade" at styleforum, he still have most of the sizes in stock. price is $100 too !!i think you should really get them, denim materials is hairy similar like 45rpm sorahiko, on top of that the company is out of business, so it is gonna be rare jeans :D No i didnt see indigo farm jeans, are they good ? one thing for sure, i saw huge pile of denham and edwin !!

Apparently the brand we know as Enishi is marketed by the parent garment factory as 'One of One' in Japan...retails at 39,000 yen!!!

AFAIK the Enishi Yoshi jeans are made of denim which is meant to imitate hand-woven denim...

I think they've gone back to the original hand-woven denim concept to justify the price???

It was a b!tch to find, but eventually I got the right combo of keywords :P

Here:

http://denimmaster.net/

The website even features pictures of the old Aika store in Sydney :P

The fabric looks to be made on a 29inch Toyoda loom?

So what justifies this 39,000 yen price point in the Japanese market, considering the Enishi Yoshi were being sold by Aika at around $390 AUD at full retail?

The website seems a bit strange though - in one of the news updates they even compare the Enishi jeans to Jean Shop NYC jeans...WTF?

Are these even the same guys who made the Enishi jeans sold at Aika?

AWESOME , thanks for link !

About the denim on Enishi, when I talked to the sales person in Auckland where I bought mine, he did mentioned about the jeans being woven to imitate hand-woven jeans.. at first I thought he meant they ARE actually hand-woven thus my instant cop on them .LOL

I understand how they can cost so much - must take a lot of time to produce the 3 yards required for a single pair of jeans.

Guess it takes a special someone to actually buy a pair - I wonder who on SuFu has a pair of hand-woven denim?