Enishi Jeans

futureproof

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strangely both the Aika and Yoshi were priced the same. The SA even told me they are the same fabric(ie. denim used). I wonder why would they chose to use synthetic indigo for their house brand (Enishi) and Natural Indigo for the Aika.

Futureproof - Leather patch looks awful though. Those on the Aika are thin as film. A nice thick patch would have added to its overall craftmanship. I still cant digest the fact that the Enishi is Synthetic indigo dyed..dammit!

Strangely both the Aika and Yoshi were priced the same. The SA even told me they are the same fabric(ie. denim used). I wonder why would they chose to use synthetic indigo for their house brand (Enishi) and Natural Indigo for the Aika.

Futureproof - Leather patch looks awful though. Those on the Aika are thin as film. A nice thick patch would have added to its overall craftmanship. I still cant digest the fact that the Enishi is Synthetic indigo dyed..dammit!

Most of the jeans on this forum are synthetic dyed, nothing wrong with that :P

The fabric is definitely different on the two though - anybody who spends 30 seconds looking at both can figure that out, don't know why the SA would tell you otherwise.

I'm not sure whether the AIKA Jin is pure natural indigo either...

If it is, it's rope dyed anyway, a much less labour intensive process than the hank/bottle dyeing used on higher end natural indigo jeans.

@ mike - " But it would be good if you could e-mail them and find out exactly"

Will get in touch with them in a day or so. Btw, how much was the 2nd paid of Yoshi you copped? Do they still have any?

I actually copped a Yoshi doll, not the jeans :P

The picture is quite literally what I bought (just for giggles).

The Jin has a very thin leather patch because it was designed to look like the paper patches LEVI'S used on the 501.

The Jin is based on a 501.

jin501.th.jpg

As for the Jin not being 100% natural indigo; I'm not sure to be honest.

I was always told that it was natural indigo and I never asked if they were 100%.

The name Aika means 'Indigo Song' and one of the most used logos in the store and on the garments was an indigo leaf.

But with that said, I can't be sure that they are 100% natural.

@mikecch what makes you think that it might be a blend.

The Jin fabric is indeed loop/rope dyed but this is still a very labour intensive process as the dye house had no new automated machines.

^ I'm not sure either, it's just the pricing (I saw some retailed in Japan for 24,000 yen) and the colour is really 'natural' indigo.

The colour, as in the hue variation in sunlight isn't as intense as others I've seen, and I don't recognise it as being the particular colouration of any regional indigo I've seen - but I attribute that to my lack of knowledge in the area :P

^ They evolve perfectly fine...not a high contrast fade due to the natural indigo, but IMO that's more preferable. The resulting hue is infinitely more interesting.

My bro has been wearing his raw for almost 12 months now, I'll try and grab a couple of pics next time I see him.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...