Supreme 2010 F/W

fiveagain

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: anyone somewhat excited they started making v-neck sweaters?

not really, i haven't been lacking for other sources of v-neck sweaters over the past ten years

all the jackets in 09 were hard as fuck

do i really need to list them?

yeah, go for it - from my perspective, none of the 09 jackets were exceptional unless you were just jumping on the "workwear" or outdoor bandwagon.

Warming up to the BDU jacket, little anti-fit but not sloppy. Would like to see some more pics of the duck bomber, denim one reminds me of my drunk puerto rican uncle too much.

*edit

Also wonder what the contrast lining is on the burgundy and green parkas

outdoor bandwagon? is there a different category to put winter jackets in?

fishtail, barbour, varsity, sagamore, and ripstop were all killers. what wasn't?

whats the best piece this season, the leather down? supreme been putting those out.

fishtail was a great idea but poor execution as mlp noted, lots of sizing problems exacerbated by an awkward fishtail length. timberline and sagamore were nothing special and the ripstop wasn't competitive enough to an equivalent patagonia / REI piece from a price point perspective (this is the "shell" subset of "outdoors" - as in "clothing for the great outdoors," which also covers the sagamore in the heritage wing). the ripstop was what, 300? add 50 and you get the north face pullover.

i personally dug the fw 08 varsity more than 09; this season's could be even better although the "S" looks pretty mega in the cool trans shoot. in any case - unlike you, i don't have any judgment for this upcoming season because i haven't seen any of it in 3 dimensions. so rather than defending a position i didn't take, i would just like to requote your original proclamation - which seemingly writes off this season based on an internet preview:

last years F/W shits all over this one. two times over.

a few cool pieces but a lot of this shit is.... *gasp* (wack)

anyway about pricing, supreme likes to keep their non-leather outerwear price points between 200-300 with coaches mid 150s. the wool stuff has been sitting around 300 (i'm guessing around 350 for the varsity).

also don't be surprised if there's a 10% boost across the board on MIC cut and sewn due to the chinese govt letting the yuan adjust to its natural trading position

fishtail was a great idea but poor execution as mlp noted, lots of sizing problems exacerbated by an awkward fishtail length. timberline and sagamore were nothing special and the ripstop wasn't competitive enough to an equivalent patagonia / REI piece from a price point perspective (this is the "shell" subset of "outdoors" - as in "clothing for the great outdoors," which also covers the sagamore in the heritage wing). the ripstop was what, 300? add 50 and you get the north face pullover.

i personally dug the fw 08 varsity more than 09; this season's could be even better although the "S" looks pretty mega in the cool trans shoot. in any case - unlike you, i don't have any judgment for this upcoming season because i haven't seen any of it in 3 dimensions. so rather than defending a position i didn't take, i would just like to requote your original proclamation - which seemingly writes off this season based on an internet preview:

i guess it bubbles down to opinion right. the fishtail is my favorite supreme piece that i own. sized down and it fits me perfectly.

i don't see any standouts whatsoever from this line.

as for judging the line from an internet preview - give me a break. like a large amount of supreme's customers, i don't live near a store. we don't have the luxury of seeing pieces before we pull the trigger on the online store, so i think writing pieces off based on the preview is entirely acceptable.