comic book movies

look how tired bats looks, everything seems to point to a knightfall-centric plot.

+

this is a minor grievance in the grand scheme of things, but i'm pretty sure WB has changed the firm in charge of marketing.

the new, more condensed logotype doesn't fit in with the first two, and teh teaser trailer lost a lot of its impact because of the shitty intertitles. Remember the subtlety from the TDK campaign?

I think so, another thing i think is interesting is Christian Bale's role in the film.

I think everyone agrees he got overshadowed in TDK. If the plot in the new film goes how I think the web thinks it's going to go, I think it'd allow him to stretch his acting muscles more — providing the character gets the attention it deserves considering it's the last film in the nolan trilogy.

this movie will obviously be all about bruce and his acceptance of batman.

from what we got in the trailer, i'm gonna assume that batman has been gone for a while. with gotham in shambles, bruce has to come to terms with how much gotham needs batman.

when he fails against bane, he will need to overcome both his physical and mental demons. when bane beats his ass (i don't know how nolan, if he does, will work with batman's broken back), he'll have to confront his past (e.g. parents), his role as savior of gotham (both as batman and bruce wayne, the philanthropist), and his openness to love/emotion (e.g. with catwoman/selina).

at the end, batman's gonna have to out-smart bane. the thing is bane is essentially batman's equal in terms of brains and brawn (more brawn, i think). when bruce finally learns how to separate batman/bruce wayne, he'll "rise" and overcome that fear that he will succumb to in the first fight with bane. nolan could really cover a lot of topics with TDKR.

dang that's the official suit? i'm hyped for the first avenger this weekend B)

I'm a huge comic book movie fan, and I can usually just enjoy them for what they are, but seriously, captain America sucked. The change from 24fps to 30fps anytime the movie was supposed to be in 3D (I saw it in 2D) was painful, nearly 30% of the movie was rushed montages, and seriously, how many times are you gonna show captain America ramp off an exploding tank towards the screen?

After the high of x-men: first class I guess I was expecting too much. Oh well, I'll just wait patiently for another Hellboy movie.

Late pass, but I haven't been paying attention to this at all. I heard about it just last night over bar talk. Apparently last year, Sony finally forked over the Mai, The Psychic Girl rights Tim Burton. He's wanted it for decades. Hopefully he'll do something with it, and, if so, it won't be a goofy goth-fest. I think if he played it with restraint and atmospherics, he could turn out a great film with this.

http://screenrant.com/tim-burton-mai-psychic-girl-ross-60405/

erm.. wow.

you know, it might be an awesome movie - but that looks really shit to me. you guys agree/disagree?

agree. had to do a doubletake and ask myself if it was catwoman or batgirl? and why in the world would they choose this as the first photo? would of been nice if i saw more of anne then the bike.