Giuliano Fujiwara S/S 11 Milan

pita bread

really? i love it

I'll give it credit because there was definitely effort put into this collection, I just don't like the result.

It seems in general all the designers I liked as recently as a few seasons ago just gave up and started vomiting out whatever concepts came to mind. The Prada and Jil Sander shows blew right out the ass.

The utter lack of variety. It was just trousers and polos in a fabulous rainbow of colors, like Am Appy for people who think they're too good for Am Appy.

Honestly I am with you. I feel like I don't get this in the same way that Jil doesn't appeal to me. I mean, the suits and jackets and stuff were fine. I thought Prada was aight though.

I like the patterns in this, but something about the cuts in this looks off to me.

I'm really feeling this. I dig the fun sporty vibe going on here, and Matsumura adds a touch of elegance with the subtle geometric detailing.

The collection did strike me as a little referential. The shape of the cut outs used through remind a lot of the Helmut Lang show with all the arm cut outs. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like he's channeling a bit of Raf Simons circa 2003. However, I think it's still presented in a fresh and modern way.

I'm looking forward to seeing this stuff in stores. If Seven does pre-orders again I might have to throw some cash their way. The black low sandals are so dope...