Authenticity Check on 1947 501 Levis

Phrost3

Quote:

Can't use thumbnails with this forum software, unfortunately.

--- Original message by minya on Apr 3, 2006 09:09 PM

thats not the only 'problem' with this forum software..

isnt there a way to upgrade it? i mean what would it take? money, effort? i think a lot of people would be happier that way. who owns superfuture? would that person not like a new forum with happier users:)? PM's are hard to figure out for noobs, images cant be uploaded easily, the what are you wearing thread is freaking out. personally i think a new look would be great. even hypebeast did it man come on.

we need a revolution!

Wanted: Sucarcanes SC40500N, Imperial kings. 31x34

Quote:

What's the retail price of them? Do you think around $150 would be a good deal for them?

--- Original message by Phrost3 on Apr 6, 2006 06:32 PM

Well, i think the price is alright

there are many different vesions of 47501. check the back of the top botton. if there is '555' stamp on there, then they r made from original palce. and no longer available.

check your washing tag as well, the early version of LVC has a silver thread on there. it may help you to identify its authenticity

Quote: isnt there a way to upgrade it? i mean what would it take? money, effort?
Money, effort, and a functional way to convert a CFBB database into a working vBulletin database. Right now the options are -- keep going on CFBB as-is, or abandon all of the old message archives and start a new. Currently, there is no workable archive conversion feature for CFBB -> vBulletin.

Guest Phrost

I know that the 555 stamp on the back of the top button means that it was made at the Valencia St. factory, but should the price be higher? Are the 555 models usually better quality or something?

Re thumbnails:

if you learn some basic HTML, you could hyperlink smaller images (of size down the existing images even tho it would still take time to fully download the entire image)

Granted, this is a mild bit of work, but it's not impossible.

Quote:

THe 555 are worth slightly more, but it doesn't make a huge difference. $150 is an ok price, I sold a pair of 555 1933s with tags for $200 recently, the tags add some value but the 1947 is a more desirable jean.

--- Original message by Paul T on Apr 7, 2006 06:19 AM

i think its not bcs of quality. i won a pair of 47501 with 554 on the back of the botton. the quality is also good.

you paied more bcs they r no longer avaliable.