the unbranded brand

blm14

• 2 weeks later...

Not super experienced with raw/selvedge denim... Looking for an entry-level pair. Decided on Unbranded mostly because of price. Waistline about a 32. If I wanna get the tapered fit, what size should I buy? I like a little bit of room, but still a snug fit.

Thanks for the help in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

two pairs, actually (31's are for my friend, who's in Texas right now)

img1907z.jpg

and no, these will not be turned into shorts, for anyone who's still pouting about that

fun fact: it's left hand twill denim, threw me for a loop

photocnt.jpg

left to right: momo 0701, pbj 11, ub221

Edited by kenzie

not sure where you're gonna find em, rosarkar. I ordered from Blue Owl Workshop, but they sold out within a couple of days and started taking preorders for the next shipment, which I think is coming in later this month. best of luck, but it might be difficult because of how much hype these jeans got.

a quick fit pic. lighting is terrible because it's raining here and my new apartment has pretty poor lighting (though it does have a 1920's piano and a poster of a Shelby GT500...)

img1921qb.jpg

Haha Kenzie, yeah I feel the hype. I won't be getting a pair in the near future like I mentioned since I already have 2 pairs of amazing denim to beat to death but if we see some really nice fades over the course of HWDC2, I'll get Unbranded for my next pair of raws. Btw really liking that fit.

I was thinking entering the contest, but I'm thinking about asking my friend if he wants to do a little duel on these. and thanks, the fuller fit of the tapered cut feels like it'll be better with the heavy denim later on. I'm also quite stoked about the left hand twill, even though soft 21oz denim sounds like an oxymoron.

cb4fa130589011e283e322000a9f1948_7.jpg

I ordered mine on the 28th of December from Blue Owl Workshop and they shipped the next day with Priority Shipping. I suppose I got lucky. They're size 30 UB121's.

I find them to be a bit lighter in color than the original 14.5 oz cuts, but the LHT is a nice bonus.

Edited by JayW

I am looking at getting a pair of 15 oz tapered. I wear a 34-34 in nudie grim tims. Should I size down one or get TTS?

I'd suggest sizing 1 up, but if you think you can manage the pain get TTS. I had to size 1 up and they were still super tight on the waist... so tight that I hurt my thumbs buttoning them.

Blueowl's blog says next shipment is july :(

Thats a good fit too!

The blog actually says they have some of all three cuts still available, with new delivery coming 1/11 and 1/18. It's only if you miss out on them now or after those two shipments that you would have to wait until July.

How's the construction on the new 21 oz's?

yeah i would really like to know about this as well? anybody with them can they comment on it? buttons? stitching? the denim?

The stitching around the top most button seems more sparse than it should be. I can see gaps where there should be stitching but there isn't. Maybe their sewing machine wasn't able to punch through the denim well enough, since that area is the thickest due to the layering to get the buttons to go through. The leather patch's edges aren't completely smooth but rather fuzzy, which is a sign of inferior leather production. The sewing around the button holes are lacking (probably for the same reason as the threads skipping) which makes it easy for the denim to fray when repeatedly buttoning and unbuttoning.

Other than that, they're pretty sturdy. The construction is comparable to their old 14.5oz line, but it's easy to notice they had trouble with their needles.

My first pair of selvedge was unbranded and i dont think that they attempt to compete with top brands rather to serve a nitch market. For me the thought of päying $200-$500 for a pair of jeans was a bit too much but a pair of unbranded on sale at urban outfitters got me in the game. The quality was better than what i häd owned to that point. That said, when it comes to selvedge, you most often get what you päy for. Both the button loops and back pocket stitching were quick to go on my pair. Stiil they were worth what i päid.