Visiting Hong Kong

trd937

I'm headed to Hong Kong on business in November and just wanted to hear any thoughts on cool sites, food and drink and of course shopping. I'm in my late 20's and its my first trip there so I'm not too sure where I'm being put up but somene told near or around KowLoon? I'll be spending a few weekends there so any out if city destination suggestions would be great as well.

Thanks in advance!

Rajin,

Not really looking for any brands in particular but am interested in your suggestions for both High end and Streetwear.

Quote: check out joyce, shine, lane crawford, and I.T.

Are these stores? If so would you have any general directions? I'd like to check these spot out. Thanks again.

check out 8FIVE2 - cool little skateshop. they carry fiberops, knowledge (their own label), and a few other skate brands. a few pairs of skate shoes as well.

JUICE - lots of japanese labels

I.T. is cool

Double Park for urban/lifestyle brands

strange highs and strange lows

ok heres my suggestions -

if your into streetwear, theres a street behind the excelsior hotel in causewaybay and around that area that has tons of shop. For cutting edge streetwear go to JUICE and Nevertheless.

Nu Front is good for some small reselling shops and hamlet, a speciality sneaker shop.

Also check out EXIT by double park in tsim sha tsui, much better than thier usual stores.

852 isn't bad, but it might not be your thing.

For high end, Joyce is the king.

They stock dior homme, balenciaga, Ann Demeulemeester, Jil Sander, Victor & Rolf, Balenciaga, John Galliano, Issey Miyake, Yohji Yamamoto, Y-3, Missoni, Dries Van Noten, Number (N)ine, Etro, Costume Nationale and other brands.

If you have a joyce card you can also get a discount at the various freestanding boutiques of these brands around hk.

I.T stocks some brands that Joyce lacks, but be sure to go the location that sells the high end labels, the others are shit.

Lane Crawford may also be worth a look as well.

Edited by raijin on Oct 30, 2004 at 01:45 PM

• 3 weeks later...

i guess hk is better then singapore where i am at. Lots more clothes.

i think for clothes have to agree joyce and IT. there is an IT sale shop too. i think it is listed in the superfuture main page listings for hk.

post. www.post.fm

DESIGN. ART. MUSIC. LIFE.

• 2 weeks later...