DaBestSpoona

superfreak

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • joined 04 february 05
  • style:cosplay
  • talents:Fingerbang on first dates

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:43 PM

is it me or more than half the brands you guys listed are way more cheaper in the US than both hong kong and tokyo?
Edited by DaBestSpoona on May 11, 2006 at 05:44 AM

#32 Landy

Landy

superbored

• Pip
  • 594 posts
  • joined 03 april 06

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:15 AM

asian brands are cheaper. for american brands, in give or take.. most of the times its equivalent. HK got no sales tax tho.

#33 KJ

KJ

bored

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • joined 08 may 06

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:02 PM

EXIT is dope!they sell stuff like montage,fiberops,GDC,silas,fringer cross,underground,fred perry,madfoot,ubiqand levi's.and the sales people are really nice!
check out double park too at time square.they sale mostly skate brands like emerica,zoo york,carhart,vans,obey,etc....

#34 Maven

Maven

bored

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • joined 22 july 05

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:45 PM

Going to HK in June. What about finding brands like:

Supreme
Undercover
W(Taps

+ vintage Polo (80's) & Lyle & Scott. Also camogear & varsityjackets.

Also heard that Mongkok is good for sneaker business.. any info on that?
'In a war of revolutionary character, guerrilla operations are a necessary part.'
- Mao Tse-tung

#35 Maven

Maven

bored

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • joined 22 july 05

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:02 PM

:/ No need to answer on my question above. Info provided already. Thx anyway!
'In a war of revolutionary character, guerrilla operations are a necessary part.'

#36 hkboy1019

hkboy1019

semibored

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • joined 04 may 06

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:32 AM

i was wondering what places you can buy jeans at in hk?
it doesn't have to be expensive brands like evisu, it can just be anything....any brand.
i'm especially looking for faded jeans, or just any stylish jeans that young ppl in hk would wear.

it's also important that i can actually try the jeans on. i wouldn't want to buy jeans without trying them on.
it should also be reasonably priced, like around $150-200 hkd i would say.

i was thinking of Apple Shop in hk, where they sell jeans.
but i'm not familiar with what types of jeans they sell, or if their styles suit hk young ppls' taste.

Edited by hkboy1019 on May 29, 2006 at 12:41 AM

#37 keyko

keyko

superbored

• Pip
  • 311 posts
  • joined 18 january 06

Posted 29 May 2006 - 08:09 AM

You would not go far with 150-200 honkie jeans. Apple Shop carries the brand called Texwood, they are like 300-350hkd, made from US denim.
Go to Lai Chi Kok area in Kowloon, look around, there is a lot of cheap jeans there in small shops all over the place.
Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

.... the uniformity of your 'fits' (particularly the way they fit) are indicative of an uncreative rigid individual trapped within robotic patterns of conspicuous consumption. your ignorance is further evinced by the fact that you criticized my raf simons jacket ....

#38 Landy

Landy

superbored

• Pip
  • 594 posts
  • joined 03 april 06

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:03 AM

Quote:

i was wondering what places you can buy jeans at in hk?
it doesn't have to be expensive brands like evisu, it can just be anything....any brand.
i'm especially looking for faded jeans, or just any stylish jeans that young ppl in hk would wear.

it's also important that i can actually try the jeans on. i wouldn't want to buy jeans without trying them on.
it should also be reasonably priced, like around $150-200 hkd i would say.

i was thinking of Apple Shop in hk, where they sell jeans.
but i'm not familiar with what types of jeans they sell, or if their styles suit hk young ppls' taste.

Edited by hkboy1019 on May 29, 2006 at 12:41 AM
--- Original message by hkboy1019 on May 29, 2006 12:32 AM

aside from apple shop, you could try and hit up giordano. they have moderately priced clothes. they have an arrangement of jeans in different cuts and fades. also bossini and baleno too. you can find those stores everywhere.

#39 keyko

keyko

superbored

• Pip
  • 311 posts
  • joined 18 january 06

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:30 AM

Giordano Bossini Baleno - yes, good option for classic basis looking jeans, but they look just what they worth. For cheap jeans "with a twist" I suggest to go to Lai Chi Kok and walk in circles around MTR station
Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

.... the uniformity of your 'fits' (particularly the way they fit) are indicative of an uncreative rigid individual trapped within robotic patterns of conspicuous consumption. your ignorance is further evinced by the fact that you criticized my raf simons jacket ....

#40 hkboy1019

hkboy1019

semibored

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • joined 04 may 06

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:08 AM

i thought jeans in giordano/bossini/baleno are really plain looking?
or are their jean styles better now?

how about department stores? jusco, uno, etc.

maybe it's better to buy jeans in the US instead?

#41 Landy

Landy

superbored

• Pip
  • 594 posts
  • joined 03 april 06

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:00 PM

nah they got better washes now. nothin i'd wear tho. just check yourself when you're in HK, it's not like you can't avoid a giordano/bossini/baleno. they're everywhere. dunno bout those dept stores you're talkin bout but most dept stores are pricey. i'd try uniqlo. also the markets like the ladies market and temple street, they got tons of cheap jeans there in a variety of washes. i think on temple street there's one pretty big denim store that's in the 2nd block from where the night market starts.
if you're just lookin for regular jeans, it's cheaper to buy in HK.. but stuff that's imported from europe and america is a bit more pricey.

#42 hkboy1019

hkboy1019

semibored

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • joined 04 may 06

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:26 PM

problem is you can't try on jeans in ladies market and temple street.
but yeah i'll check out giordano/bossini for jeans.