canada customs - holding period question

MyMindSpray

looking for someone to shed some light into this topic for me...

recently ordered something from the US. it's being sent by USPS (regular airmail), nothing fancy. does anyone have any clue how long Canada Customs might hold the package??

item was listed as a gift with a fairly low value...

thanks in advance...

Edited by MyMindSpray on Mar 21, 2006 at 12:18 PM

Quote:

How much do you guys think I'll get charged in custom fees if I ordered from Nomad to be shipped to Boston?

--- Original message by LanceP on Mar 21, 2006 01:10 PM

$0. I have never paid duty fees for anything shipped to the United States, and I've had some really expensive shit mailed over.

Whew. I would've been ripshit if I got charged an extra $50. This gives me a sense of relief... for the time being anyways, until I actually get my denim.

One quick question, minya.... you ordered your Imperials from Nomad. How long did they take to ship to San Fran?

EDIT: minya... In the Imperial thread, you said you got charged $15 in custom fees?

Edited by LanceP on Mar 21, 2006 at 02:13 PM

if it's marked as a gift under $20 you won't get charged (sometimes they'll charge you anyways, just send the form back and they'll send you back a cheque). anything else and you get ripped a new asshole in fees.

*although whenever i order from amazon ($200+ book orders) i don't get charged anything... i think they're shipped from ontario though?

Edited by mass on Mar 21, 2006 at 04:50 PM

Quote: i hope UPS doesnt rape me like the last time i used them...

sorry to say that, but UPS always rape you. they charge a stupid brokage fee and it's a minimum of 25 or 30$, i forgot and on top of that, they charge you taxes.

i remember browing through the custom agency website and it's a fucking mess. like they know they fuck you all the time so they don't want you to know the real rules. anyway, i found this that is a bit interesting http://canadaonline.about.com/cs/customs/a/shopshipcanada_2.htm

otherwise, you can check the the border agancy website http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-e.html