Sign in to follow this  
schatzi182

Nudie RRDS - 3 months & counting (with pics)

Hey everyone,

I picked up these Regular Ralf Dry Selvedge jeans in mid-December of last year. Since then, I've worn them nearly every day, and have only used the occassional spritz of Febreeze to clean them up. Overall, I can't be happier with them. I'm pretty impressed with the amount of wear that they have. I haven't ridden any broncos or roped any steers - but they're getting fairly broken in. I'm planning on a first wash sometime in June.

Cheers,

Schatzi

115682842_61a409aac8_o.jpg

115683168_4b1784e318_o.jpg

Thanks - but that's the funny thing. Most of this wear came from sitting on my ass at work. However, I started riding my Yamaha a few weeks ago, and the fade has definitely accelerated since then. I don't know what it is about motorcycles - either the riding position or the constant airflow tends to beat the hell out of denim.

very nice

keep us posted, i want to see how these babies turn out

that's a nice clear picture. don't know if the accelerated wear you mentioned lately is due to your yamaha, but i've noticed that the ralfs seem to turn a corner after two and half months, all of a sudden they just start glowing and changing color. my rrds are at 3 months to the day today. will try to take as nice a picture as you have...

shhh....

Cool - I'm looking forward to seeing your shots! And I'll send another update on these in a few months or so.

Thanks,

Schatz

Must be the way the cuffs are folded or the angle of the picture but these RRDS look much more tapered than normal.

116051613_f670f25409.jpg

116051611_80085ede3f.jpg

116051610_9244c1903b.jpg

RRDS at 30 days (EDIT: not counting the 60 days that preceded it)

he's learning to crawl already, mildly odoriferous

shhh....

Edited by denimdestroyedmylife on Mar 21, 2006 at 04:23 PM

denimdestroyed - Those are looking pretty damn good! I'm quite jealous of your honeycombs since I bought mine rather baggy so it isn't as tight.

Exactly at 14 days so there isn't much wear yet but my wallet is definitely leaving a print now from sitting on ledges at school.

m29703897.jpg

m29703834.jpg

Edited by advan031 on Mar 21, 2006 at 05:33 PM

I think you look at it the wrong way, most of the pictures are posted, no matter how faded, as a picture diary. Not showing off how well worn they are (obviously).

Faded or Not, that is not the point.

-_-

nice---I'm a sucker for wallet wear in backpocket pics, especially in nudies----the way that (over)stitched logo comes apart is gnarly

shhh....

that's nice wear for 14 days.

DDML is right--the logo being worn down has a really nice effect. btw what if both pockets had damaged logos? would it look a bit weird, do you think? There's something in me that thinks the asymmetric look is cooler.

My dear friend - they are truly amazing...icon_smile_blush.gif..and it's nice too meet u here !!!

Denimdestroyedmylife - We all know you love your Nudies, but it's not exactly polite to come into every picture thread and post shots of YOUR jeans. Just my 2 cents.

Hey man, no hate intended.

As my motorcycle season starts, I hope I get some nice accellerated wear as well. :D

Quote:

advan031--what kind of belt is that?

--- Original message by sarno on Mar 22, 2006 03:01 PM

looks like some old cccp belt

Quote:

advan031--what kind of belt is that?

--- Original message by sarno on Mar 22, 2006 03:01 PM

It's a Diesel belt.

The OP and denimdestroyedmylife.. both of your jeans are stellar looking. I love to see the natural wear... can't wait to see your jeans in another 5 or 6 months.

Denimdestroyed, have you done anything to your jeans such as starching, or very hard wear? I've never seen RRDS wear in quite that quickly.