how to get blood out of jeans

i don't know what it'll do to the indigo. if prewashed means they've been treated and faded, etc (i.e. not dry) then hydrogen peroxide on the blood spot, work it in a little, and toss it in the wash. i've had blood on shirts, jeans, etc. peroxide got it all out. no staining or bleaching etc. but i don't know about on these jeans. i'd think it's okay though.

**I didn't see that someone already mentioned peroxide**

Try hydrogen peroxide. I've never done it on denim, but on a cotton t-shirt, cotton polo, it has worked like a charm. It didn't do anything to the quality of the item either.

Wow, very first post on here. Hope it works for your buddy.

Edited by bonde111 on Mar 18, 2006 at 10:48 PM

one persons spit is also a natural anti-coagulant for their own blood.

if that person cleans out their mouth and then just spits into a cup for a while and uses that it will break down the blood and allow you to get it out with a little bit of water after you saturate and work in the spit.

sounds gross but it works. next time you get a little blood on a white tshirt suck on the blood spot. it will go away.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah i recently got mugged and got the shit beaten out of my and bled all over my raw new standards. its too much blood to use spit to get out. is peroxide a safe alternative for unwashed denim? i am thinking about just leaving it there until i wash them, it does look pretty gnarly. i was really worried that the emt dude had cut my pants off of me in the ambulance but luckily he didnt.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...